Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Prince of Morgoth

Old November 22nd, 2013, 08:06 AM
If there a way that custom created categories can be available across realms?

For instance I jumped in and started creating my realm for my Greyhawk campaign and then started created custom categories similar to some of the pathfinder sheets, like settlement, npc, kingdom, building etc... and then of course started adding content. no problem.

However, I then switch to my other realm set in the Inner Sea and all the categories are default. None of the custom ones I created in the other realm were available meaning I'd have to recreate them.

Will there be a way to indicate that a category should be available to all my realms (like a 'master' category) or a way that i can copy (export/import?) custom categories between realms? This would save a lot of work.

Also I like the idea of being able to export/import categories for example so that if someone creates a cool category like say for the pathfinder settlement sheet, they can share it with others to use in their realms if they like it.
Prince of Morgoth is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Knightblde

Old November 22nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
I agree. I believe the user created layout is just as important as the content. I am not enamored with the default layout and would like to use my own within all my realms and even share it with my friends. Can we do this or do we have to create it all from scratch each time?
Knightblde is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
billcoke

Old January 26th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Has there been any movement on allowing/supporting this functionality?
billcoke is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
PatJe

Old January 27th, 2014, 04:54 AM
I was thinking about something similar to translate the categories. I thought about create a new blank realm and only create categories (translate the old wouldn't work because the protection I think?).

My thought was to import this new realm into new created after the sync and "marketplace" functions are fully available.
PatJe is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old January 28th, 2014, 12:29 AM
I assume that this can be done if the filesharing is available through the cloud service.

But I would say that it is also a feature that people want if there is no cloud service.
Cornelius is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
LSLundy

Old March 31st, 2014, 06:41 PM
It would also be nice to share data between realms, or even merge realms.
LSLundy is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 31st, 2014, 06:46 PM
All of this is currently tied through the content sharing capability, which isn't fully in place yet. Once that's possible, you'll be able to share content with yourself, making it possible to inherit the structure and even entire content of a realm.

Sharing just the structure isn't something we've looked at doing separately from the content sharing. It's possible to do it, but it would require a substantially different approach from what we've got mapped out for sharing in general. If there's enough demand for this independently of content sharing, we can look at allocate development resources to adding this as an entirely separate capability.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote