Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

JimGroves

Old July 21st, 2009, 07:04 PM
Hey Folks,

First, I know you have your hands full getting ready for GenCon and even getting Pathfinder RPG ready for the show. So consider this a suggestion/request for after Gencon when the dust has settled a little and you've caught up.

Paizo has organized play system (in the vein of WOTC's Living Campaigns, but with their style). It will be switching over entirely the new Pathfinder Rule System at Gencon. The new guide for it should be available for it from the Paizo website on August 1st.

Eventually I am interested in seeing support for it.

1.) I see this as involving character validation (not difficult).
2.) Implementation of the custom feats that are part of the campaign (again hopefully not difficult), as well as Feats not permitted in the campaign.
3.) Implementation of the streamlined advancement system (a little trickier)
4.) Maybe some way to use the Journal system to show Prestige and Gold Earned and spent.

Just to be clear, Pathfinder Society uses the same core rules, but it will exclude some feats and add a few new ones. The experience system is very simple. It is not an overhaul of the rules by any stretch.

And again, this is a suggestion for after the Core Rules are finished.

If this doesn't make sense, more details are available here: http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety
JimGroves is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old August 4th, 2009, 12:21 PM
I'm still interested in seeing so way to make PFS characters, and have them be updated and validated. (Similiar to WOTC's Living Campaigns)

As I mentioned in my previous post, there is a new guide out for this, that has come out in conjunction with the new rule set. Unlike the new rule set, it is available right now:
http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/s.../v5748btpy84k4

There is also a FAQ thread here, with questions answered by their Events Manager Josh Frost.. Not all of it is relevant to a character manager, but some of it might be. http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...les20Questions
JimGroves is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old August 20th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I'd like to sign this petition.

I'm hoping that the Paizo peeps actually use Hero Labs as their primary backbone for character creation software on both the regular RPG and the Society play!
djc664 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote