Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Claidhmor

Old August 15th, 2019, 04:01 PM
Can anyone create NPCs in Pathfinder 2nd Edition. I do not have the Bestiary but thought I would be able to create NPCs for my own use. When I attempt to create on I have no options for ancestry.
Claidhmor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old August 25th, 2019, 06:37 PM
I'm seeing the same thing. I'm not sure how NPCs are supposed to work, but it's probably not like this.
mototom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 26th, 2019, 04:27 AM
Hi there! When you create an NPC and choose the Ancestry window, you should have a box with a + in the upper right hand corner. When you click that, your options appear.
Lj Stephens is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Claidhmor

Old August 26th, 2019, 05:39 AM
LJ thanks for answering. Unfortunately when I click on the + I get "No selections available" . The hide invalid choices box is not checked. Do I need to have bought the Bestiary?
Claidhmor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old August 26th, 2019, 09:04 AM
Same here. I do have the Bestiary, so I see creature options under ancestry. But none of the core races from the Core Rulebook are shown as Ancestry options, so I can't create an NPC. Prior to purchasing the Bestiary, I saw no Ancestry options.
mototom is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 26th, 2019, 09:11 AM
Hmmm ... that's curious. Let me see what I can find out for you.
Lj Stephens is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 26th, 2019, 09:22 AM
We're sorry for the frustration folks. You currently cannot create an NPC with HLO, however you can modify a creature if you have the Bestiary.
Lj Stephens is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sjmarshall

Old November 26th, 2019, 07:01 PM
I've been playing around with HLO to try and create custom NPCs/Monsters. I've been able to get everything customized, even renaming weapons from "Fist" to "Jaws" (E.g. - Mangy wolf from Fall of Plaguestone). The only thing I can't seem to figure out is creating a custom special ability. For example, the Caustic Wolf has the "Howl" ability that takes 2 actions and is different than the "Howl" in the bestiary. Has anyone had luck with this? Maybe it's just not possible yet? This would be great so I can manage all of my NPCs/Monsters in HLO instead of some in HLO and others through a different method. I have some links to my screenshot below for reference.

Play Screen
Permanent Added Adjustments
Sjmarshall is offline   #8 Reply With Quote