Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Raistlindantilus

Old February 2nd, 2020, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
Realm Works is still the best. I hope LWD resume at some point.
Hear hear!
Raistlindantilus is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Raistlindantilus

Old February 2nd, 2020, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
Realm Works is still the best. I hope LWD resume at some point.
Not only is it the best campaign manager, IMO its the best product LWD has ever released.

As much as I rely on HLC I would rather see them drop development on literally anything and everything else before I would have wished to see RW development end.

PF2e and HLO and now CT seem to be largely a waste of time to me.

But what can you do....WOTC released D&D 5e, everyone started playing 5e like a bunch of simpletons, Paizo released 2e to compete and now everything is chaos, especially for the still very large core group of PF1e players using HLC.
Raistlindantilus is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 2nd, 2020, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlindantilus View Post
PF2e and HLO and now CT seem to be largely a waste of time to me.

But what can you do....WOTC released D&D 5e, everyone started playing 5e like a bunch of simpletons, Paizo released 2e to compete and now everything is chaos, especially for the still very large core group of PF1e players using HLC.
The problem is PF2 isn't just a new edition of PF, learning the many lessons that should have been learned in the decade between, but essentially a new game. There are just too many new systems.

People went to PF1 because 3.5 was a great system and 4 was awful. So PF2 being a simple evolution of PF1 woul;d have transitioned the whole player base over without an issue. But now there are PF1 players, PF2 players and 5e players all in the same space. That makes it hard not just for WotC and Paizo but everyone who supports the 3 systems.

I'm pretty confident PF2 will put an end to Paizo as a game developer. They'll survive as a publisher of AP's but I'd bet in 5 years they'll just make adventures for whatever edition of D&D is current then.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 2nd, 2020, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
The problem is PF2 isn't just a new edition of PF, learning the many lessons that should have been learned in the decade between, but essentially a new game. There are just too many new systems.

People went to PF1 because 3.5 was a great system and 4 was awful. So PF2 being a simple evolution of PF1 woul;d have transitioned the whole player base over without an issue. But now there are PF1 players, PF2 players and 5e players all in the same space. That makes it hard not just for WotC and Paizo but everyone who supports the 3 systems.

I'm pretty confident PF2 will put an end to Paizo as a game developer. They'll survive as a publisher of AP's but I'd bet in 5 years they'll just make adventures for whatever edition of D&D is current then.
I agree totally.

PF2 isn't an update to the D20 SRD, so if people are going to change systems why wouldn't they switch to D&D5 which has a much bigger audience?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Raistlindantilus

Old February 2nd, 2020, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post

Sadly if LWD continues to focus HLO to only PF2e and refuse to take on the monumental task of porting PF1e into HLO then LWD will die as well.

Paizo really screwed up the whole landscape with PF2e
Raistlindantilus is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old February 2nd, 2020, 01:41 PM
Yeah... our group, and every player I personally know, are either playing just Pathfinder or that and 5e.
Based on the horrendous beta, no one has interest in even trying PF2.

The two features of Hero Lab Online that I'd like, are live links to characters so my VTT can read their current defenses or whatever, based on buffs and debuffs.
And to be able to do a group buff and hit seven players and three pets on one click, rather than having to enable an adjustment ten times, and then disable it another ten times.

Those two features, combined with Pathfinder and some select 3pp packages included (for us Spheres and Community Package for the Dreamscarred stuff), and I'd be happy to pay for the increased functionality.
Hopefully enough of the Pathfinder crowd would too, that they continue to enjoy our revenue stream now that Paizo has stopped releasing content for them to profit from providing it to us.
Ualaa is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Raistlindantilus

Old February 2nd, 2020, 01:52 PM
I think HLO and CT has some promise but I just can't get interested without support for PF1e.....sad stuff, man
Raistlindantilus is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old February 2nd, 2020, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlindantilus View Post
Sadly if LWD continues to focus HLO to only PF2e and refuse to take on the monumental task of porting PF1e into HLO then LWD will die as well.

Paizo really screwed up the whole landscape with PF2e
The last I checked HLO is not focused on just PF2E it also has Starfinder and Shadowrun.

HLO for PF1 will make LWD no money, I already own most of PF1 for HLC. Unless you are willing to pay for a monthly PF1 only fee. I would, but it would probably be a hard sell to some of my group.

The minimal server fees won't cover LWD wages, and I would already be paying those for Starfinder
Toblakai is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 2nd, 2020, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Yeah... our group, and every player I personally know, are either playing just Pathfinder or that and 5e.
Based on the horrendous beta, no one has interest in even trying PF2.
What was so frustrating, just like 4e, is they just would not listen to the players saying how they didn't like it. Even back during the PF2 previews there were lots of people raising concerns that were just blown off. I lost pretty much all respect for Paizo then.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Raistlindantilus

Old February 2nd, 2020, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
The last I checked HLO is not focused on just PF2E it also has Starfinder and Shadowrun.

HLO for PF1 will make LWD no money, I already own most of PF1 for HLC. Unless you are willing to pay for a monthly PF1 only fee. I would, but it would probably be a hard sell to some of my group.

The minimal server fees won't cover LWD wages, and I would already be paying those for Starfinder
Yeah I mean in terms of Pathfinder it ONLY supports PF2e, which is basically as good as nothing as far as most people I know are concerned.
Raistlindantilus is offline   #30 Reply With Quote