Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old May 29th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Bought a Composite Longbow (STR +4). HeroLab correctly calculated the cost (800) and deducted the appropriate amount, but in the '?' (Information) tooltip on the equipment list it's giving it a value of 1200.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #111 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 1st, 2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bittergeek View Post
The Arcane Archivist revelation allows the character to cast arcane spells contained in a spellbook. However, I don't see a way to add a spellbook to the character like a wizard. Casting in this way erases the spell from the book, so such a spellbook should allow spells to be written multiple times.
The custom scroll item (the first thing in the list on the Magic tab) should be a good way to store the spells you have available for this ability.

Adding a "Found Spellbook" item is something I want to do, but it's not going to be something that happens soon, because spellbooks aren't actually a distinct item on the character - all the spells in the spellbook are present on the character the same way a sorcerer's spells known or a cleric's spells prepared are on a character - there's just a tag to mark them as being in a spellbook. That means that I need to re-design the whole system in order to differentiate the spells in spellbook X from spellbook Y

Quote:
The Spontaneous Symbology revelation permits the character to cast all "symbol" spells even if not in the list of spells known. Mechanically, these spells should be added as bonus spells at the appropriate levels so that they can be displayed in the Spells & Powers sheet. Otherwise they won't show up without consuming a known spell slot or added after all permitted spells known have been selected and displaying a validation error.
I've put this on my to-do list.

Quote:
I've found a bunch of errors in descriptive text, either text for the wrong thing or what looks like d20 SRD copy-pasta not correctly updated to Pathfinder. Is that worth reporting here? I don't want to flood the thread with twinky cut-and-paste bugs and waste developer time that could be better spent if you'd rather I hold off.
If they're in spells, in magic items, or in the summary text of feats, don't worry about them - those sections are on my list for a thourough check in the near future (I'll be overwriting all the text, so I'll get rid of any of those errors in the process). Otherwise, might as well get them out of the way.
Mathias is online now   #112 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 1st, 2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Bought a Composite Longbow (STR +4). HeroLab correctly calculated the cost (800) and deducted the appropriate amount, but in the '?' (Information) tooltip on the equipment list it's giving it a value of 1200.
I've put this on my to-do list, thanks for the report.
Mathias is online now   #113 Reply With Quote
klimkin

Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:55 AM
Currently -2 penalty is applied, if medium one-handed sword is used as two-handed sword by small creature. There should be no penalty.

The rule is:
The measure of how much effort it takes to use a weapon (whether the weapon is designated as a light, one-handed, or two-handed weapon for a particular wielder) is altered by one step for each size category of difference between the wielder's size and the size of the creature for which the weapon was designed. For example, a Small creature would wield a Medium one-handed weapon as a two-handed weapon. If a weapon's designation would be changed to something other than light, one-handed, or two-handed by this alteration, the creature can't wield the weapon at all.
klimkin is offline   #114 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
When I buy more than one item HL is stacking them but returning only the weight for one (and using only that for the encumbrance total as well).

Specifically, I bought 5 Smokesticks, 5 Tanglefoot Bags and 5 Thunderstones.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #115 Reply With Quote
hazardjsimpson

Old June 7th, 2010, 07:53 AM
In the equipment list when you view the rule / tooltip for Grappling Hook it shows the rules for 3.5E, targeting a DC against the Use Rope Skill. The entire tooltip is not correct for pathfinder.

3.5E -- DC Use Rope Check of 10 + 2 per 10' thrown.

Should be:

Throwing a grappling hook is a ranged attack roll, treating the hook as a thrown weapon with a range increment of 10 feet. Objects with ample places to attach a hook are AC 5.
hazardjsimpson is offline   #116 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 7th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazardjsimpson View Post
In the equipment list when you view the rule / tooltip for Grappling Hook it shows the rules for 3.5E, targeting a DC against the Use Rope Skill. The entire tooltip is not correct for pathfinder.
This isn't the only item that still has the 3.5 text. Updating magic items and regular items as a batch is a project I hope to get to soon.
Mathias is online now   #117 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 7th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
When I buy more than one item HL is stacking them but returning only the weight for one (and using only that for the encumbrance total as well).

Specifically, I bought 5 Smokesticks, 5 Tanglefoot Bags and 5 Thunderstones.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is online now   #118 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 7th, 2010, 01:37 PM
(This is no longer the active bug reports thread - the current thread is stickied to the top of the forum)
Mathias is online now   #119 Reply With Quote
TheStiegler

Old June 9th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStiegler View Post
I checked again with version 3.6a and the natural weapon resizing still isn't working. Is it possible that it's because I had already selected Improved Natural Weapon? If so, why doesn't work for the attack I didn't upgrade, either?
I just checked with the new Pathfinder 3.4 and this still doesn't work.
TheStiegler is offline   #120 Reply With Quote