Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AndrewD2

Old August 6th, 2014, 08:20 PM
What do you mean it doesn't tell you what you are supposed to be selecting? One of the selections should list craft skills and the other should list profession skills
AndrewD2 is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 8th, 2014, 04:20 AM
They only list the skills if you have them on your list already, so you can not see them normally. I go in to test a new character, select the race, select the Ethnicity, and the skills are not showing in the list. Unless I go into the skills page and add them to the list itself. Might work differently if I choose a class first, but I have just been doing things with as few steps as possible.

Just checked, even if I pick a class, there are no skills listed under the selections unless I add a Craft and a Profession to the character list of active skills. I just want someone that does not know they have to add those skills to the list themselves to know what the options are. If that makes sense.

I was just running some tests and the skills that I add with the Ethnicity are not counting as class skills now. It was working before, but not sure what broke.

So for the long time to respond, our Internet went down for 2 days. Some 27 lightning strikes took out some power station in the big city. Was a very boring 2 days of no nets.

Last edited by Sarelth; August 8th, 2014 at 05:20 AM.
Sarelth is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 8th, 2014, 07:39 AM
By default, the chooser selects among picks on the hero. You can set it to select among all things in the editor by choosing "All things" on the "Restrict First List To..." line.

Note that you might have to adjust your eval script if you are selecting among things rather than picks.
Aaron is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 8th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I think my eval script needs a bit of work. Its just pretty basic currently.
I will try to figure it out eventually.

Current project is classes and feats, just filling out the feats general info then will go back and add the effects.

For classes I have to add 2 custom classes, Magician and Noble.
For the Magician class, its basically a Wizard that only have 2 schools of magic past level 2 spells.
The max spell level is 6, like the bard, they can cast spells of the Divination and Illusion schools up to level 6, but nothing else.
To do that I would just have to go through the spell list and add all the spells manually?
What confuses me is the Class abilities aspect, Not exactly sure of how to set the abilities up.
Going over the tutorial a few times, but any help would be appreciated.

Here are the abilities:
1) Spontaneous Cantrips - Can trade others spells for unprepared cantrips (Copied Cleric Spontaneous casting ability and modified it a little)
2) Magician Special Ability - Choose from several options, including bonuse feats (Was going to copty the Rogue Talent ability)
4) Path Specialty: School Specialty +1 - Get Specialty school bonus Caster Level for either Illusion or Divination (Not sure what to do for this)
6) Magician Special Ability
8) Path Specialty: Spontaneous Casting - Can trade spells for unprepared specialty school spells (Probably just modify the first ability again)
10) Magician Special Ability
12) Path Specialty: School Specialty +2
14) Magician Special Ability
16) Path Specialty: Spell Power +2
18) Magician Special Ability
20) Path Specialty: School Specialty +3

Last edited by Sarelth; August 9th, 2014 at 12:57 AM.
Sarelth is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 11th, 2014, 08:54 PM
How would I go about getting this feat to be able to select the crafting skill when you pick it?

I got the racial and skill level requirements figured out, but having it only select a crafting skill of rank 9 or more isn't making sense to me at the moment. I will of course keep reading the manual.

Code:
Dwarven Artisan [General]
You have studied dwarven smithing techniques and can forge items of superior masterwork quality.
Region: Dwarf
Prerequisite: Craft 9 ranks
Benefit: Each time you take this feat, choose a craft skill in which you have 9 or more ranks. You can craft superior masterwork items using the chosen skill. The masterwork component of such an item costs three times the regular masterwork component. A superior masterwork item has the regular benefits of a masterwork item, plus the following:
Armor or shield: Adds a +1 enhancement bonus to AC. This enhancement bonus doesn’t stack with any enhancement bonus provided by magical armor or shields.
Tool: You gain an additional +1 circumstance bonus when using the item to perform related tasks.
Weapon: Adds +1 enhancement bonus to damage. This enhancement bonus doesn’t stack with the enhancement bonus provided by a magical weapon.
Special: You may gain this feat multiple times. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new craft skill. Dwarves do not generally share knowledge of their smithing techniques with members of other races.

Last edited by Sarelth; August 11th, 2014 at 09:24 PM.
Sarelth is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 11th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarelth View Post
How would I go about getting this feat to be able to select the crafting skill when you pick it?

I got the racial and skill level requirements figured out, but having it only select a crafting skill of rank 9 or more isn't making sense to me at the moment. I will of course keep reading the manual.
You will need to use a "Pre-reqs" script here so you can loop through all craft skills on the character and see if any are 9+ ranks. "Message" is the warning/error message you would like HL to display. So go with something like "Craft 9+ ranks required".

Code:
var Valid as number

~ Find all craft skills on the character
foreach pick in hero from BaseSkill where "Helper.SkCatCraft"
  ~ If we have a skill with 9+ ranks set the variable to a 1. Else by default it will be 0.
  If (eachpick.field[skRanks].value >= 9) then
     Valid = 1
  Endif
nexteach

~ If we found any craft skill 9+ ranks we are valid
If (Valid <> 0) Then
  ~ This is a special system variable (ie starts with @)
  ~ when set to 1 we will be valid. Else we will be set 
  ~ to 0 and HL will display the warning message.
  @valid = 1
Else
  @valid = 0
Endif

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 11th, 2014 at 09:47 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 11th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Thanks Shadow, I had it used the script from another feat and it was only working to check if it had 1 rank, not 9.
Sarelth is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 11th, 2014, 09:34 PM
It seems to not want to work for me, I get this error.

Code:
Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fBRDwArt' on line 6
  -> Invalid field syntax used
Sarelth is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 11th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarelth View Post
It seems to not want to work for me, I get this error.

Code:
Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fBRDwArt' on line 6
  -> Invalid field syntax used
Try now. I forgot the .value.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 11th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Works good now. No error. Testing with a character now.

Perfect. No problems at all.

Last edited by Sarelth; August 11th, 2014 at 10:02 PM.
Sarelth is offline   #50 Reply With Quote