Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farling

Old March 25th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
Well, I hope this is not all. It would be quite some work to strip down my version to the "basic" data (as if I remove something and it is referenced in an other file this will give an error, so I would need to remove all references - which would make keeping in sync with my "private" version where I wouldn't remove a nightmare).
Use github or some other CM to maintain your additions on a branch from the original. The CM tool would then manage merging the XML files.
Farling is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old March 25th, 2015, 03:11 PM
I would think that having the basic implementation, and then creating .user files to add stuff for our own purposes would work nicely, provided that you had made the appropriate changes to editor.dat so that we can effectively use the editor.

BoomerET

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old March 30th, 2015, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
I would think that having the basic implementation, and then creating .user files to add stuff for our own purposes would work nicely, provided that you had made the appropriate changes to editor.dat so that we can effectively use the editor.

BoomerET
I did some changes to editor.dat, but never really tested it in a big time... also I fear that a LOT of code changes are needed for some features, especially various subclasses and magic items needed a lot of actual implementation.
MagicSN is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old April 7th, 2015, 11:52 AM
I see that Smiteworks has inked out a deal with WotC for FantasyGrounds data for 5E, I wonder how long now before we'll be able to buy a plugin for 5th for our beloved HL?

BoomerET

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
turkeygiant

Old April 7th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
I see that Smiteworks has inked out a deal with WotC for FantasyGrounds data for 5E, I wonder how long now before we'll be able to buy a plugin for 5th for our beloved HL?
BoomerET
I posted this same comment...I think it must have been in a dead thread....
turkeygiant is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 8th, 2015, 11:07 AM
I wouldn't expect WotC to officially license it to Lone Wolf, but you never know.
AndrewD2 is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Many of you know this, but I'll reiterate for people that may be checking in on this for the first time...

We would love to support 5th Edition in Hero Lab, and have even talked to Wizards of the Coast about support. Unfortunately, we have no news on that front. We have shared our intention to support 5th Edition through an OGL, which we think will be released based on prior statements by members of their staff. If we ever support 5th Edition through an official license, it will likely be news that comes out of nowhere (as this news for Fantasy Grounds did). That's because nothing is announced until everything is signed, and the licensee is usually under a strict NDA during the negotiation process.
liz is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
dafrca

Old April 8th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
Many of you know this, but I'll reiterate for people that may be checking in on this for the first time...

We would love to support 5th Edition in Hero Lab, and have even talked to Wizards of the Coast about support. Unfortunately, we have no news on that front. We have shared our intention to support 5th Edition through an OGL, which we think will be released based on prior statements by members of their staff. If we ever support 5th Edition through an official license, it will likely be news that comes out of nowhere (as this news for Fantasy Grounds did). That's because nothing is announced until everything is signed, and the licensee is usually under a strict NDA during the negotiation process.
I hope you are able to figure out something because I hate to see my Hero Lab just sitting on my Hard Drive useless for the group game now because the group switched to 5th ed. At this point I have no reason to buy more Pathfinder stuff nor to move into Realm Works either.

And to be clear I do want to support your products with my money. I really like your product.
dafrca is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
TheBullDog

Old April 9th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Well Fantasy Grounds has received their License to add 5e into their product line so hopefully Wolflair is not far behind.
TheBullDog is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old April 10th, 2015, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafrca View Post
nor to move into Realm Works either.

And to be clear I do want to support your products with my money. I really like your product.
As Realm Works is completely system agnostic, why?
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #130 Reply With Quote