Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sendric

Old August 18th, 2010, 12:01 PM
I'm looking at the feats that increase class level for certain purposes, such as Practiced Spellcaster and Natural Bond. It looks like Natural Bond isn't working, and there's an author comment about that. So far, the eval script looks like:

Code:
~ Add 3 to our companion level.
hero.childfound[cAnimClass].field[CompClLev].value += 3
hero.childfound[cAnimComp].field[CompLevBas].value += 3
This doesn't seem to be working (the Animal Companion is unaffected when I add a class other than Druid), but even if it were it would not cap out at max HD (I don't think).

Practiced Spellcaster looks like:

Code:
field[fChosen].chosen.field[cCasterLev].value += 4
      field[fChosen].chosen.field[cCasterLev].value = minimum(field[fChosen].chosen.field[cCasterLev].value, herofield[tHitDice].value)
This appears to be working. I've played around with it some, trying to mimic the Practiced Spellcaster, but since I'm a bit of a newb, I can't get it to work. Anyone have any thoughts on how to make Natural Bond work?

Edit: This would be for d20 and/or Pathfinder.
Sendric is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 18th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Is it for d20 or Pathfinder? The answer's different due to coding changes between the two systems. (If you want both, please post a copy of this thread in one of their forums, and I'll move this thread to the other forum).

Also, please remember that I can't read your mind and know what book you're looking at when you name a feat, and that I don't have every d20 and Pathfinder book open at my desk. What books are Practiced Spellcaster and Natural Bond from, and what do they do? I apologize, but I haven't managed to memorize every feat in both games yet.

This may also be a case where the "Search this forum" option that's at the top right of the page may be useful - someone may have asked about these feats before.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 19th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Natural Bond is from Complete Adventurer:

Quote:
Your bond with your animal companion is exceptionally strong.
Prerequisite: Animal companion.
Benefit: Add three to your effective druid level for the purpose of determining the bonus Hit Dice, extra tricks, special abilities, and other bonuses that your animal companion receives (see page 36 of the Player’s Handbook). This bonus can never make your effective druid level exceed your character level.
Practiced Spellcaster is from both Complete Arcane and Complete Divine, but either way they're the same:

Quote:
Choose a spellcasting class that you possess. Your spells cast from that class are more powerful.
Prerequisite: Spellcraft 4 ranks.
Benefit: Your caster level for the chosen spellcasting class increases by 4. This benefi t can’t increase your caster level
to higher than your Hit Dice. However, even if you can’t benefit from the full bonus immediately, if you later gain Hit Dice in levels of nonspellcasting classes, you might be able to apply the rest of the bonus. For example, a human 5th-level sorcerer/3rd-level fighter who selects this feat would increase his sorcerer caster level from 5th to 8th (since he has 8 Hit Dice). If he later gained a fighter level, he would gain the remainder of the bonus and his sorcerer caster level would become 9th (since he now has 9 Hit Dice).
A character with two or more spellcasting classes (such as a bard/sorcerer or a ranger/druid) must choose which class gains the feat’s effect.
This feat does not affect your spells per day or spells known. It increases your caster level only, which would help you penetrate spell resistance and increase the duration and other effects of your spells.
Special: You may select this feat multiple times. Each time you choose it, you must apply it to a different spellcasting class. For instance, a 4th-level cleric/5th-level wizard who had selected this feat twice would cast cleric spells as an 8th-level caster and wizard spells as a 9th-level caster.

Last edited by Sendric; August 19th, 2010 at 12:16 PM.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 20th, 2010, 06:28 AM
I copied over my script from d20 to here, and it works here as well (after I changed the priority to 498). One flaw is that it calculates total class levels, but that isn't necessarily the same as total character level which would include racial hit dice I believe.

Last edited by Sendric; August 20th, 2010 at 06:40 AM.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Code:

#totallevelcount[] - #levelcount[Race] - #levelcount[Template]
Is the expression for total class levels levels (totallevelcount is total HD).

Last edited by Mathias; August 20th, 2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: More specific phrasing
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 20th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Code:

#totallevelcount[] - #levelcount[Race] - #levelcount[Template]
Is the expression for total levels (totallevelcount is total HD).
Ohhhhh...ok. That makes sense. Thanks.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:16 PM
I ported over the Practiced Spellcaster feat from d20 to Pathfinder, but had to make a change. For those interested, here is what the Pathfinder version of this feat looks like:

Code:
field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[cCasterLev].value += 4
      field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[cCasterLev].value = minimum(field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[cCasterLev].value, herofield[tHitDice].value)
Phase = Post-levels ; Priority = 5000 (same as d20)

The only difference is changing fChosen to usrChosen1
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote