Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lightspeed Hobbies

Old July 21st, 2010, 06:17 PM
Are you going to be able to get permission to use the DC Adventures official content? I really hope so. After being let down time and time again by Palladium, I need to switch to a different game and I want to switch to DC Adventures. I don't have time to sit and make endless characters for NPC's and all that stuff.
Lightspeed Hobbies is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old July 22nd, 2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed Hobbies View Post
Are you going to be able to get permission to use the DC Adventures official content? I really hope so. After being let down time and time again by Palladium, I need to switch to a different game and I want to switch to DC Adventures. I don't have time to sit and make endless characters for NPC's and all that stuff.
This has been answered a few times, but sadly no. The game rules for DC Adventures, however, are identical to Mutants and Masterminds Third edition, which Hero Lab *will* support (in a matter of weeks, actually), but the official Hero Lab software will not have built-in copies of the DC Comics characters.

I wouldn't be surprised, however, if users didn't start making and distributing their own collections of the characters. It's happened before.

Also, just having the software will make it really easy to build 3E characters, so I strongly suggest getting it when it comes out! I certainly plan to.
Shadowchaser is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old July 26th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Hiya Colen ... just wondering if you had a hard release date for this? You'd said it was the first week of August. Are we looking right before GC? Thanks in advance! Looking forward to snagging a data file

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
EberronKnight

Old July 27th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowchaser View Post
This has been answered a few times, but sadly no. The game rules for DC Adventures, however, are identical to Mutants and Masterminds Third edition, which Hero Lab *will* support (in a matter of weeks, actually), but the official Hero Lab software will not have built-in copies of the DC Comics characters.

I wouldn't be surprised, however, if users didn't start making and distributing their own collections of the characters. It's happened before.

Also, just having the software will make it really easy to build 3E characters, so I strongly suggest getting it when it comes out! I certainly plan to.
I think I would be in to help in creating characters and distrubuting. I'm all for the 3E M&M. I just bought the PDF from Green Ronin, so I'm going through it to get use to the system, love the art work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hi everyone,

As many of you are aware, the DC Adventures rulebook PDF is now available for purchase on the Green Ronin store. Since its release, we've had a lot of users ask us when Hero Lab will be updated to let them create and manage characters for their DC Adventures games, just like they can for Mutants & Masterminds.

Although we can't officially support DC Adventures, we have been developing a data package for the upcoming Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition game. Releasing in a few months time, M&M 3rd edition will be fully compatible with DC Adventures.

As a result, the awesome folks at Green Ronin have given us permission to release an early version of the M&M 3rd edition data files to the public. You'll be able to purchase this beta data package starting early next month (August), and can then begin using Hero Lab with your DC Adventures games. A free demo version will also be available, so that you can "try before you buy".

Please note: as a beta version of an upcoming game system, there will likely be some rough edges in the data files when we release them. We feel that this is an acceptable compromise, since it lets us support all the DC Adventures players who are eager to start creating characters and running games with Hero Lab.

The data files will officially release with the Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition core rulebook, when it comes out in several months time. At that point, users of the beta version will be updated to use the full M&M 3 data files.
Of course, I'll be purchasing the Beta 3E M&M from Herolab, I think that is so awesome that they let you do that early so we fans can start messing around with it. That's what happens when two great companies work together! Bravo!

EK

Last edited by EberronKnight; July 28th, 2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: bad sentence, didn't make sense
EberronKnight is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 27th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I am sooo there.
dartnet is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
fillerbunny_x1

Old July 27th, 2010, 10:26 PM
<post deleted>

Last edited by fillerbunny_x1; July 27th, 2010 at 10:38 PM.
fillerbunny_x1 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old August 1st, 2010, 08:07 PM
Any chance this might be hitting before everyone hits GC? Looks like we have some big updates this week for PF ... hoping we'll have the same for M&M

Sketchpad is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 1st, 2010, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchpad View Post
Any chance this might be hitting before everyone hits GC? Looks like we have some big updates this week for PF ... hoping we'll have the same for M&M
Will Monday night work for you (as in 24 hours from now)? :->

Note: That's the plan, subject to the possibility of last-minute gremlins that can muck everything up in a hurry.
rob is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old August 1st, 2010, 09:11 PM
That would be awesome! Thanks Rob!

Sketchpad is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
fillerbunny_x1

Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Will Monday night work for you (as in 24 hours from now)? :->

Note: That's the plan, subject to the possibility of last-minute gremlins that can muck everything up in a hurry.
SQUEEEEE!!!!

ahem....

Sorry about that...
fillerbunny_x1 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote