Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Decrayer

Old January 19th, 2016, 11:58 PM
Hello,

I just got the problem, that one of the players wants to give another one money. I know how to transfer items, but I don't know how to transfer money. Giving it to others via Journal seems quite complicated for that (because I also have to substract it from the other hero at the same time and it would mess with my clean "one journal per session" habit) and adjusting the initial money is also not ok, because there I entered the starting money by character class and it would mess up with the whole idea of having a journal and beeing able to track the wealth and coins over the whole campaign.

Is there any function that I'm missing?

Last edited by Decrayer; January 20th, 2016 at 01:26 AM.
Decrayer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 20th, 2016, 04:06 AM
Two approaches.

Have the lender purchase a custom valuable, and call it money or gold or something similar.
You can set the weight, if they'll be holding it in this alternate form for a while.

If both heroes are in the same portfolio, you can give the item to the other hero, the same as transferring it between bags on the same hero.

Then the recipient can sell the item, for 100% of its' value.

This is easier, but you said you'd prefer to avoid it:
You can also go onto the journal tab, and add (or subtract by adding a negative value) money there.
+500 in the gold field, for the recipient, then click add.
-500 in the gold field, for the loaner, then click add.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Decrayer

Old January 20th, 2016, 06:33 AM
Thank you very much. I think I'll go for the custom item approach. But somehow I feel, that it should be easier than this.
Decrayer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old January 20th, 2016, 08:24 AM
I don't know, I think this is pretty easy.

I suppose you could describe how you would like it to work and maybe something close could be created, but I'm curious what you think would be easier? Keep in mind that it needs to work between two players who each have their own portfolios if you want this to be usable...
Azhrei is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old January 20th, 2016, 10:43 AM
I just made a coin for each kind of coin there is (pp, gp, etc.). Each coin was set at the right price and weight (.02 lb.). Just buy the right number of coins for the value to be transferred. Then right click the coin, click give to hero, and choose whom you want to give it to.

The receiver can then just sell the coins for 100% of the value.

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.
Angela2013 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 20th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela2013 View Post
I just made a coin for each kind of coin there is (pp, gp, etc.). Each coin was set at the right price and weight (.02 lb.). Just buy the right number of coins for the value to be transferred. Then right click the coin, click give to hero, and choose whom you want to give it to.

The receiver can then just sell the coins for 100% of the value.
That's the same method I use.

Creating the coins in the editor is pretty simple, and serves as a good introductory project for using the editor.

The only drawback is that, to give the portfolio to another player, you also need to include the *.user file in which your new coins are included. For my use, I put them in a basic file named "[my initials] System Shared.user"... because they're pretty basic and I don't want to have to worry about them in other files with stuff that's adventure-specific or world-specific.

I also created the User source entry to be the same name.. to keep it generic.
Silveras is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 20th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Assuming most people on the forums have the "Basic Pack" installed I could add it into the "Basic Pack" for everyone to use. Then its more universal actually and an easy thing to point "new" users to with this question.

As several people already have the logic done if you could send me the .user file with the Things in it I would appreciate it. Send to my forum user id at yahoo.com.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 20th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Assuming most people on the forums have the "Basic Pack" installed I could add it into the "Basic Pack" for everyone to use. Then its more universal actually and an easy thing to point "new" users to with this question.

As several people already have the logic done if you could send me the .user file with the Things in it I would appreciate it. Send to my forum user id at yahoo.com.
I'll send mine. It has a few other odds-and-ends that may prove useful.. feel free to incorporate anything that seems useful.
Silveras is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old January 20th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Shadow, when you add this, can you have it respect the "No Coin Weight" Optional Rule, please?

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 20th, 2016, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Shadow, when you add this, can you have it respect the "No Coin Weight" Optional Rule, please?
It would be easier for you to go into the editor and create versions of them with 0 weight, then use those instead, because the "no coin weight" option is based on HeroLab managing the coins in the "Money" area.
Silveras is offline   #10 Reply With Quote