Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Shadowrun

Notices

claudekennilol

Old March 9th, 2023, 05:13 PM
My GM has an account where he's bought the source material. I don't know the specifics, but he did whatever necessary to grant us access to his materials. But it's so limiting that it's painful to use. Like, this is how you drive away potential customers--not convince people to become new customers.

I have no idea what the "correct" term is, but I can't even make a full new character. There aren't enough "free" spell slots so I can't add more spells. Some augments can't be completely filled up because there aren't enough free slots. Random other things that are also blocked because again I personally didn't pay for it.

After the first couple of sessions, the GM let us rebuild our characters into whatever we want, giving us a bit more starting karma and nuyen, but we can't actually give ourselves those modifications because we're on free accounts. But we can just freely overspend and the only downside is just that it says we've overspent. This is just an arbitrary block that doesn't actually block anything.

Likewise, we can just tell the GM what we want our characters to have added, and he can make the character, then we can just copy those characters out of the library (or whatever the official term is) and they'll have those limits bypassed.

After this experience, there's no way I'd pay for it only to have to force others to turn around and pay for it if they want to play with me.
claudekennilol is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 10th, 2023, 09:35 AM
Hello,

It most certainly sounds like something is going awry. At this phase I don't quite have enough context on the Campaign that this is happening with or how it's configured let alone visibility into it so I'm going to have to ask you to reach out to us via the support email line. Similarly, it would also be best if the GM/Patron sponsor for the Campaign contacts us as well so we can start gathering info, troubleshooting, and working to find out what is going wrong. Check my forum signature for the support desk contact info and reach out as soon as you can.

--
Ryan Furnas
Customer/Technical Support
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old March 10th, 2023, 09:47 AM
I only use HLO for PF2 and Starfinder. But anytime my players have found themselves unexpectedly restricted from content I'm sharing it's because the character was created in their account outside the campaign I'm hosting.

Content sharing doesn't apply to the entire free account; it only applies to those characters in the campaign. I'd first check that all players joined the campaign the GM created and that the characters are inside the campaign.
mototom is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
claudekennilol

Old March 20th, 2023, 08:14 AM
I will say that somehow the first character I created was somehow not in the GM's campaign so that was part of the issue. I don't know how it wasn't. And I also don't know why I'd ever want to create a character that's not in a campaign when I'm both in a campaign and have such limiting restrictions when creating outside of a campaign. So that's a bad experience.

An issue that my wife is still having with her character is that she cannot add more than 5 spells to her character. Her character is in the campaign. The GM can add more spells to her character. But when she tries she's greeted with that error message I mention about about _free accounts can't add more_.

My GM just heard back from support and he told us the response was "it should work". So I'm not sure what to do from here.
claudekennilol is offline   #4 Reply With Quote