Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Lord of the Rings (Tabletop)

Notices

Annatar

Old February 3rd, 2023, 11:34 AM
Version 5.27 of the data files for Middle-earth SBG is now available.

Additions and corrections in 5.27:

- New FAQ from February 2023

(Specifically new weapons details for Gothmog and Galadhrim Knights.)
Annatar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Holland

Old February 17th, 2023, 10:58 PM
Cant take Grimebeorn in Halls of Thranduil as a historical allies even if Thranduil is in the army or the army leader. And Thranduil needs to be the leader even if Grimebeorn is added.

The best solution must be to add him to Halls of Thranduil so you can add him but if Thranduil is not a leader it will give an error.

It must of course be possible to add beornings under Grimebeorn when he is added.
Holland is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Annatar

Old March 22nd, 2023, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland View Post
The best solution must be to add him to Halls of Thranduil so you can add him but if Thranduil is not a leader it will give an error.
Thanks for the feedback.

It's still not clear to me how GW thinks this should work, but given that they provide some rules for allying Grimbeorn with different army lists, I guess the best solution for now is to provide a non-LL Beornings list.

Unless some other information shows up, expect this to be included in the next update.
Annatar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Exedus

Old April 17th, 2023, 02:28 PM
In the Mordor list Gothmog, Lieutenant of Sauron is Locked as army leader even if he isn't the highest level of hero for some reason.

as ever, thank you in advance and for all the hard work on the project

Edit: OH! Also i found an issue with the oft ignored and rarely used King of Men, his armour and heavey armour choices are both greyed out with normal armour locked on, unlike a few others that can upgrade normally.

Last edited by Exedus; April 17th, 2023 at 02:58 PM.
Exedus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Exedus

Old May 16th, 2023, 08:31 PM
Found a few more, I hope this is appreciated.

1. Fangorn list still forces treebeard to be added and be army leader, rather than let you just run quickbeam or Beechbone

2. In army of thror the Grimhammer captain has a shield options he isn't supposed to have.
Exedus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Annatar

Old July 16th, 2023, 01:17 PM
Yes, corrections are always appreciated, and encouraged!

It might be a good idea to put them in a separate thread though - that way, they're more visible, and might get fixed sooner.

All four issues you reported are fixed in the next release, which is just about ready for upload.
Annatar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Annatar

Old August 7th, 2023, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annatar View Post
It's still not clear to me how GW thinks this should work, but given that they provide some rules for allying Grimbeorn with different army lists, I guess the best solution for now is to provide a non-LL Beornings list.
In the most recent FAQ, GW added this:

Quote:
Q: What exactly can Grimbeorn (and as a result, Beornings) be allied with outside of the Beornings Legendary Legion? (p.68)

A: Treat Grimbeorn in the same manner as all other Wanderers in the Wild. As a result, Grimbeorn has his own list of what he can ally with provided in his profile. Beornings can then be included in Grimbeorn’s warband as normal.
So apparently Grimbeorn is supposed to be in the Wanderers in the Wild list. Expect that to be changed in the next update to the data files.
Annatar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote