Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:41 AM
For the skills checkboxes you're thinking of, instead of actually using checkboxes, I'd recommend grabbing the image files that are used by the checkboxes - turn them into image portals, and then use your position script to hide and reveal the checked and unchecked version that's correct.

#situational requires several hundred lines of complex code. I would highly recommend that you wait until after you've gotten your files fully functional before you start working on the "nice to have" part of your to-do list, especially when those parts are extremely complex.

For the implants, you can set up a bootstrap condition on each:

!ImplantMiss.XXXXX

(ImplantMiss would be an identity tag in the cybernetics component, so each implant is looking for its own tag on the race).

Then, when each chapter bootstraps the space marine race, if they're missing an implant, they bootstrap it with an autotag - the ImplantMiss tag for that implant. The presence of that tag means that the bootstrap fails its condition, so that implant is non-live, and won't affect the character or be shown.
Mathias is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:42 AM
Equip/no equip is simply a tag

There are two portals on the pick template for gear, and both of them show the name field. One is a label portal, the other is a checkbox portal.

If the tag is present, show the checkbox portal, and hide the label portal, else show the label portal and hide the checkbox portal.
Mathias is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 2nd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Equip/no equip is simply a tag

There are two portals on the pick template for gear, and both of them show the name field. One is a label portal, the other is a checkbox portal.

If the tag is present, show the checkbox portal, and hide the label portal, else show the label portal and hide the checkbox portal.
I was thinking that was the case with it, I should be able to get that working then. Some of the wargear has scripted effects that only come into play when the user has them equipped, instead of always active. I'll crank out that code.

I didn't know #situational was hundreds of lines of coding. ^_^ one day I'll get to it then lol. I'll just leave notes in the gear where it needs to be added later on.
RavenX is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 2nd, 2013, 06:07 PM
I am working on getting the bootstrap conditions set up. So far its looking good.
RavenX is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:00 PM
Alright I got everything set up as you suggested, but when I pick the black templars chapter its not hiding the two implants it should hide. What should be the timing on the bootstrap conditions?
RavenX is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:45 AM
I'd recommend you pick a phase & priority that you'll use for all the bootstrap conditions in this game system, and stick with it as much as possible.

You want this phase & priority to come before almost every other script in the game - the only scripts that should come before this are the scripts that are setting up tags that will be tested by these. If a script on a thing you're bootstrapping comes before that phase & priority, you'll get error messages. (The thing doing the bootstrapping can have scripts before then).

In Shadowrun, I use Initialize/1000. In Savage Worlds, it appears to be Initialize/2000.
Mathias is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:13 AM
alright, do I need to set up anything in the compset?

I have chosen to go with Initialize 1000 but its still not working for some reason...
RavenX is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:33 PM
They might be looking for the tags in the hero context rather than the pick that bootstrapped them.

Try a script at Initialize/900 on the component for the space marine race:

perform forward[ImplantMiss.?]

That'll copy all of those to the hero.
Mathias is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 3rd, 2013, 05:36 PM
Alright that fixed it. Its working correctly now.
RavenX is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 4th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Mathias,

I have two tables set up on the Squad Mode tab, I set them up using the same component but showing their data based on whether the squad mode ability has a Hide.SquadDef or Hide.SquadAtt tag on them. It works fine but I am having a bit of difficulty figuring out how to implement this in the editor. Any ideas?
RavenX is offline   #110 Reply With Quote