Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

bcat

Old April 11th, 2011, 07:00 AM
I really like the Army builder software. I think i would be the best thing since sliced bread if two things happened. 1. there was a version of army builder that ran on Mac OS X and 2. If there was an army builder android application. I already own a license but would be willing to pay some more for android app.
bcat is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lord Kahlain

Old April 23rd, 2011, 04:20 PM
Let me second that request for an Android app!
Lord Kahlain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tolkien46

Old May 9th, 2011, 01:48 PM
i too would like to see an android app and would be willing to pay for one, this seems to be one of the few programs that has an undestanding with GW over their intellectual property
Tolkien46 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old June 19th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Just wanted to chime in with another me too. I don't know how many players at my local stores use Army Builder, but I do know that there are very few iPhones among the players I've seen with smartphones. The increasing support for mouse/keyboard should make the platform far more versatile, compared to its touch-only original form.
pyremius is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
REDEATH

Old July 1st, 2011, 06:30 AM
Get an iPad 1 or iPad 2 they are already developing it for the iPad....Mac Version of Hero Lab being demo'ed at Gen Con and both Army Builder and Hero Lab are built on the same framework, this is essentially a demonstration of both products being ported. Then after the MAC version is complete they port over to iPad App.
REDEATH is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ulf Thorsson

Old July 26th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Registered for the Forums to add my Vote for an Android Application.
Ulf Thorsson is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 31st, 2011, 06:37 PM
We're planning to turn out attention to a tablet version once the Mac version of AB has been released. However, we have NOT made any decision between the iPad or Android yet.
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
tigerknight

Old September 11th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Why make a decision - do both! Pretty please? An app would be fantastic on both Honeycomb tablets and iPads.

The current interface (non-widescreen) would fit well on a 10" tablet. This would be awesome to have if it were just a direct translation from PC to mobile, and honestly the only extra feature I can think of that would be nice is a way to check off units as alive or dead.
tigerknight is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 12th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Unfortunately developing an application for both tablet OS's, at least in the next year, isn't realistic. Working on an app for either OS will take us months, and we'll need to do the same amount of work over again for the second tablet OS we want to support. That means many months of work just on one OS, and that's not counting work we do on other new features and functionality for the PC version.

If I had the chance, I'd have Army Builder working on every device that I could. The sad reality is that our resources are extremely limited, so we need to carefully consider our plans before we take the next steps with a tablet app.
Colen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Jochenator

Old September 23rd, 2011, 07:00 PM
Greetings!
First off i'd just like to say that your software is great, it has more or less removed chickenscrawled junk paperstacks from the hobby.

And as a boost to this topic i just made a user here to bump it up, i'd actually go and buy a tablet for the sole purpose or beeing able to have AB on the move. Going over to a friends place, tournaments, work, heck everything would make that pure awesome.
Jochenator is offline   #10 Reply With Quote