Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Steev42

Old October 17th, 2012, 11:17 AM
I'm trying to create a favored class option for a new race/cleric. This option grants a particular domain ability if the character does not already have it, or adds to the number of uses per day if it does.

Code:
field[abValue].value += round(field[fcCount].value/2,0,-1)

if (#hasability[dPlaFist] >=1) then
   #trkmax[dPlaFist] += field[abValue].value
else
  perform hero.assign[HasAbility.dPlaFist]
endif
This code works if I set it to run at Validation/1. Anything before that seems to fail, giving me only the expected uses without this FCO. The only thing I can figure is that the #hasability macro isn't set until just before the validation--am I correct there, or am I overlooking something?

For the adding the ability if it isn't already on the character, this script just seems to have no effect. I assumed that I needed to bootstrap the relevant ability to the FCO, but when I do so and test, I get the error
Code:
Attempt to access field 'cTotalLev' that does not exist for thing 'fcSC' 
Location: 'field calculate' script for Field 'xTotalLev' near line 28
but only after 'delete and re-add'; compilation seems to work just fine.

Any assistance from anyone would be appreciated.
Steev42 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Correct, HasAbility is not established until very late, so that everything that might disable that ability can be taken into account, so find something else to test in order to figure out whether that character has that ability or not.

hero.childlives[dPlaFist]

will test for its presence, but if there was ever an archetype added that replaced the level 1 ability of whatever cleric domain you had selected, that would still report that you had the ability. However, unless you want to replace dPlaFist with a copy that adds a Custom tag while present, that's the best you'll be able to do.

HasAbility is not an instruction: "turn this on" - it's a report: "we're active", so assigning the tag means nothing.

Class specials can only be added by classes, custom class abilities, or archetypes. They depend on that linkage to the thing that added them in order to figure out their effective class level. I think you'll need an archetype to handle the "add it if we don't have it" part.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Steev42

Old October 18th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Ok. So workaround for that one, I can manage that. Thanks.

Got another tricky one here. A bonus to effective druid level for animal companion.

It seems to me that field[fcCount].value isn't being set in time to hit the First/497-499 range that's needed to affect the effective level. Is there another way that I can grab the count for how many of that particular favored class options are selected?

First/499; Timing Before "Companion Level Needed"
Code:
var idk as number
idk = minimum(round(field[fcCount].value/2, 0, -1), 3)

field[abValue].value = idk
debug "idk = " & idk
debug "hero.hasminion[AnimComp] = " & hero.hasminion[AnimComp]
debug "field[fcCount].value = " & field[fcCount].value 
~~Previous line returns 0
debug "hero.childlives[cAnimComp] = " & hero.childlives[cAnimComp]
Steev42 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 18th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I'm afraid fcCount is calculated at First/1100.

No favored class option in one of Paizo's books offers so powerful a benefit as increasing the effective level of the minion (they all add some HP, some SP, or some other minor benefit to the minion), so we didn't set it up for that capability. I think there may be some timing conflicts if it were moved earlier.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Steev42

Old October 18th, 2012, 03:09 PM
That's what I was afraid of.

(To be fair to the source material, the /2 was just so I could test quicker and easier to see if it was working.)
Steev42 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote