Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Closed Thread

Paragon

Old July 16th, 2016, 06:48 AM
Though, oddly enough, I do remember this problem, and when I got in this was not set as EdgeWep but just Edge, it doesn't seem to fix it. Let me give the whole thing code and the error message and see if you can tell me what the issue could be here:

This is the code after my correcting the EdgeWep issue:

Code:
<thing id="edgBEPsiKn" name="Psi-Knight" description="Psi-knights are warriors who have trained to perfect both their mind and body. They can channel their psionic powers to create weapons of pure energy and enhance their physical prowess.\n  Psi-knights  can  create  a  psychic  weapon  made  of telekinetic  force. The  weapon’s  appearance reflects the  personality of the owner, though it typically appears as a glowing sword, axe, or hammer. The psychic weapon is a one handed melee weapon that deals Sma+Str damage. \n  In addition, when taking this Edge, psi-knights can change the Trappings of one of the following powers to activate  as  a  free  action  but  work  only  on  themselves:{i} armor,  boost/lower  trait,  deflection ,  healing,  speed,  wall \nwalker{/i}." compset="EdgeWep" summary="Weapon of TK force equal to Smarts">
    <usesource source="BrEarth"/>
    <tag group="MinRank" tag="0"/>
    <tag group="EdgeType" tag="Profession"/>
    <tag group="User" tag="Activation"/>
    <bootstrap thing="wpBEPsiBla">
      <containerreq phase="Initialize" priority="2100"><![CDATA[fieldval:abilActive <> 0]]></containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
    <pickreq thing="arcBEPsi"/>
    <exprreq message="Requires Fighting d8+"><![CDATA[#traitfound[skFighting] >= 4]]></exprreq>
    <exprreq message="Requires Psionics d8+"><![CDATA[#traitfound[skPsionics] >= 4]]></exprreq>
    </thing>
and the error is:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'edgBEPsiKn' - Condition phase/priority (Initialize/2100) for bootstrap thing 'wpBEPsiBla' occurs after earliest rule/script (Initialize/2000)
One or more timing errors were identified. Please review the timing report and correct the errors. You can access the report under the 'Develop' menu or by clicking this link.

Also, once I pull the Broken Earth file out, the first time I load it tells me its loading but has encountered one or more timing errors; successive loads don't give the message. It did the same thing when I pulled out the SPC2 files and reinstalled them (initial error message, then none on new loads).

Last edited by Paragon; July 16th, 2016 at 07:05 AM.
Paragon is offline   #11
Paragon

Old July 16th, 2016, 07:13 AM
Edit: Never mind about the second thing I was posting here; I didn't realize the "Super Karma" box farther down in configuration needed to be checked.
Paragon is offline   #12
SeeleyOne

Old July 16th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Change it to 2101 and see if that helps. It seems that has worked for me.

Err, never mind, it wants it before. So try an earlier number. The timings are kind of hit and miss, I find. Make up a number and see if it works

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #13
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 16th, 2016, 12:48 PM
I'll PM you my email address and you can send me the .user file. I'll take a look at it.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #14
Paragon

Old July 16th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
I'll PM you my email address and you can send me the .user file. I'll take a look at it.
Done.
Paragon is offline   #15
Paragon

Old July 16th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
Change it to 2101 and see if that helps. It seems that has worked for me.

Err, never mind, it wants it before. So try an earlier number. The timings are kind of hit and miss, I find. Make up a number and see if it works
That was what I expected, I'm just puzzled why its suddenly an issue now. Of course I'm doubly puzzled because I remember the whole EdgeWep thing and thought I'd got in and fixed that a while back. I've since changed computers and wonder if somehow I got an old version moved over when I migrated things, somehow.
Paragon is offline   #16
CapedCrusader

Old July 16th, 2016, 02:33 PM
I found the issue. It’s the Condition requirement that was added to the Bootstrap. If you change the timing of that to Initialization/2000, it appears to fix it.

Code:
<containerreq phase="Initialize" priority="2000"><![CDATA[fieldval:abilActive <> 0]]></containerreq>

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane

Last edited by CapedCrusader; July 16th, 2016 at 02:39 PM.
CapedCrusader is offline   #17
Paragon

Old July 16th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Timing things being timing things, that doesn't overly surprise me. I'm just wondering why I'm noticing it now. Maybe I'd fixed it previously, got over to this machine, accidentally put in an old one, and never opened Savage Worlds until I got the SPC2 file. I can't figure out why this would cause it, otherwise.
Paragon is offline   #18
CapedCrusader

Old July 16th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Well, timing is the heart of the whole engine. It's what makes everything work. And it can get a bit hairy at times, but that's the price we pay for flexibility.
If you run into anything else, let me know.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #19
Paragon

Old July 16th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Now I'm getting other timing errors from it. I think I need to look over the timing report, though I don't understand what happened; this worked fine a few months ago.
Paragon is offline   #20
Closed Thread