Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old November 27th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I'm working on making some Gestalt classes for my upcoming PF campaign, and have run into some problems. Thought I'd start a thread for ongoing discussion of these (I'm making four new Gestalts, so there are likely to be lots of issues arising).

First issue:

Making a Barbarian/Summoner Gestalt. I started with the Summoner and made a new Archetype (Spirit Warrior, Unique ID: arMCPSpWr). Set the HP, BAB and Save Progression with no problem. Added the Special Abilities (other than Rage Power) again with no problem.

For the Rage Powers, the existing ones are set as Primary, so I'm making copies and setting them to Secondary. Also making them available to Spirit Warrior rather than Barbarian class.

Now the problem. I edit the 'Allow Secondary Abilities' and set the allowed class to 'Spirit Warrior.' I also name the secondary ability 'Rage Power.' When I test I get the following error:

Quote:
Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Thing 'arMCPSpWr' - Contains duplicates of tag 'arMCPSpWr' in group 'AllowC2nd'
What am I missing?

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; November 27th, 2010 at 12:33 PM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 27th, 2010, 12:51 PM
When you create the archetype, AllowC2nd.arMCPSpWr is created for you - did you create it yourself as a new tag?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 27th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Also, check out the Rage Domain - it has a script that provides an example of how to modify the list of custom abilities a class chooses from so that the Barbarian's primary abilities are available for selection in the Cleric's Tertiary abilities, without having to make copies of every Rage Power.

An archetype will use "linkage[varies]" instead of the "linkage[table]" that a cleric domain uses to get to the class it's associated with.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 27th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
When you create the archetype, AllowC2nd.arMCPSpWr is created for you - did you create it yourself as a new tag?
I didn't manually create any tags. And I don't get the error as long as I leave the Allow Secondary Abilities blank rather than editing it to allow my new class.

When I level my character up to 20 (without the Secondary Abilities allowed) one of my new Rage Powers shows up as available. It shows under the 'Add More Aspects' section of the Summoner tab, and is grayed out because 'Barbarian Level 8 Required.'

Not sure what I did to make that one available, and ideally it would be available as an 'Add More Rage Powers' rather than an Aspect. I figure there's something I need to change to make it read 'Spirit Warrior Level 8 Required.'
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 27th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Also, check out the Rage Domain - it has a script that provides an example of how to modify the list of custom abilities a class chooses from so that the Barbarian's primary abilities are available for selection in the Cleric's Tertiary abilities, without having to make copies of every Rage Power.

An archetype will use "linkage[varies]" instead of the "linkage[table]" that a cleric domain uses to get to the class it's associated with.
Nice! That was a step in the right direction . . . I now get separate options for the Aspects and the Rage Powers so we're making progress!

However, though my sample character is level 20 it shows that only 2 Rage Powers are left to choose (should be 10), and I get a 'Nothing to choose from' message when I click it. Also, for some reason my modified Increased Damage Reduction is still showing up as an Aspect and with the 'Barbarian Level 8 Required' validation error.

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; November 27th, 2010 at 02:10 PM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 27th, 2010, 02:01 PM
OK, tracked down one of the problems. The domain script makes the powers tertiary abilities, and I need them to be secondary. So I made the following changes:

Quote:
~modify our linked class to add barbarian rage powers

~we'll use the secondary abilities slot for these

linkage[varies].field[cCustTeTot].arrayvalue[11] += 1
linkage[varies].field[cCustTeTot].arrayvalue[15] += 2
linkage[varies].field[cSpec2ndSi].text = "Rage Power"
But I can't track down the 'cCustTeTot' equivalent for Secondary powers. Also, it seems like I need to add 'arrayvalue' lines for each level at which my class will get new powers. Is this correct? Will the array value be [1] or [2] for level 2? I'll go try some of this myself and maybe figure it out before you reply . . .

EDIT: Figured out my questions about adding the lines and the array values. Now just need:

1. The secondary equivalent of 'field.[cCustTeTot]'
2. The fix for the 'Barbarian Level 8' requirement (Should read 'Spirit Warrior Level 8 Required')
3. The reason '(SW) Increased Damage Reduction' (my modified Increased Damage Reduction) is still showing up as an Aspect.

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; November 27th, 2010 at 02:15 PM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 28th, 2010, 04:31 AM
OK, figured out the bit about the validation error (Barbarian Level 8 Required). I've got it to the point that only the Spirit Warrior archetype accesses the (SW) Rage Powers, and the error messages show appropriately for Barbarian Rage Powers and for Spirit Warrior Rage Powers. So Number 2 (above) is taken care of.

First priority for help now would be the secondary equivalent of 'field[cCustTeTot]' (I think). If I understand the script correctly, changing this will allow me to assign the Rage Powers as secondary for my Gestalt class. I've looked around and haven't managed to find a reference to this yet.

Still working on getting all of my (SW) Rage Powers made and set as secondaries, as well as assigning them to the Spirit Warrior archetype. After that I'll try to find out why (SW) Increased Damage Reduction is showing as an Aspect.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 28th, 2010, 05:48 AM
For some reason the 'Increased Damage' problem resolved itself - it no longer shows as a summoner aspect.

This just leaves the problem of scripting them as Secondaries rather than Tertiaries.

I've gotten all of the Core Rage Powers entered now.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
1. The secondary equivalent of 'field.[cCustTeTot]'
cCustScTot
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 30th, 2010, 10:34 AM
And now the world of my Summoner/Barbarian gestalt class is one step closer to right! Thanks, Matthias.

One more question:

In the Expr-reqs for the Beast/Chaos/etc. totems there's a req reading

'hero.tagunique[abCategory.BbnTot?] <=" and either "@ispick" (for Lesser) or "1" (for regular or greater). Will there be an equivalent for my new class, or will the current req work?
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #10 Reply With Quote