Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

corrin avatan

Old March 11th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Hi, Guys,

I shot this to the support team, but figured that I might get answers from others here, especially as it has me a little freaked out.

I was trying to download an update today, specifically the 8.11 update that was released today, a few minutes (8:15ish PM CST). However, for some reason, the file wouldn't download properly, and then I noticed my computer had lost it's internet connection.

Right around that time, my wife stated that she also didn't have a internet connection. My Wifi router wasn't letting anything connect to it for an IP address. So I was like "oh, my Wifi router must have crapped out, I'll reboot it."

When I checked the logs to see what happened, I found this:

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 65.181.125.142, port 80, Tuesday, March 11, 2014 17:16:32

The time is off by three hours because I never set it properly after moving. It should read 20:16:32 CST.

When I looked up that IP address, it shows up as forums.wolflair.com / lwdsupport.com on plotip.com

http://www.plotip.com/ip/65.181.125.142

So, it looks to me that trying to do an update seemed to cause my router to think there was a DOS attack? Any ideas?

I'm running current version of Hero Lab, and have added the following update source:

http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herola...rd/updates.xml

Not sure what to think of this. Thoughts? Was this a real DOS? Or was it just my router getting faked out by the way that Herolab handles things?

Netgear Router, WNR2000v3, Firmware V1.1.2.6. Not sure what to think here.
corrin avatan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 12th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Hey there! I believe Colen got back to you today via our support system, but just in case you haven't seen that yet ... We believe that this was a false positive by your router. To confirm that and to play it safe, we've reached out to our server administrators to see if they have any ideas as to what caused it. When we hear back from them, we'll contact you via our support system. Thanks!
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote