Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mink2067

Old March 31st, 2012, 05:25 AM
I do not know why my program asked for this now I cannot log onto my characters and I have a game tomorrow it is telling me it is Demo mode. What the hell I have not changed computers or anything. I just installed the up date and now I cannot use the program.
Mink2067 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 31st, 2012, 07:50 AM
It's pretty common for it to be asking for your password again after a update. Are you using the program on more than one computer? If so, make sure you're using different codes for each one. Your purchase gets you two licenses, but they are two separate licenses. If you only have it installed on one, as a stopgap measure, use your secondary license.

Unfortunately, it's a weekend, so Colen and crew are technically off the clock, but they do monitor the support email over weekends sometimes, so if you sent an email out, you may get lucky. Otherwise, take a look at which licenses you're using.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 31st, 2012, 09:44 AM
Follow the early license reassignment wizard and request a license transfer - we try to get to those ASAP. Remember, you should only use each license number on one computer - if you're using HL on two separate computers, you should get your free secondary license number to use on the second computer.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Troedel

Old April 24th, 2012, 01:17 PM
That behavior is something i stumbled into two times now and i do use different licence numbers. Anyone elso noticing this from time to time. Nothing was changed on the laptop except adding a bluetooth adapter and a cordless mouse. Support is very fast and friendly, thanks Nan, but the actual evening is a rough ride. I accesed my home machine via VPN and was called down for bringing too much technical issues to the gametable
Troedel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 25th, 2012, 05:30 PM
You definitely need to make sure you're using different license numbers on different machines. The #1 cause of needing a license reassignment is using the same license number on two different machines - we provide a free secondary license so you can use your main license number on your primary machine, and a different, separate license number on a second machine.
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote