Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Silver12

Old March 23rd, 2019, 02:33 PM
So, I tried searching for this but my search-fu failed...

I'm trying to add a trait to my character that he doesn't qualify for technically because he is not a follower of Irori (Wisdom in the Flesh). When I add it it throws an error for pre-reqs not met. I DO have unrestricted traits checked in the character options, but it is still showing the error.

Any info on how to ignore this? In the "Adjust" tab, I see an "ignore pre-reqs" adjustment for feats, but not traits...?

Thanks all!
Silver12 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 23rd, 2019, 03:09 PM
I think "unrestricted traits" is merely whether you need a background entry in your history that allows them, rather than ignoring ALL pre-requisites.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old March 23rd, 2019, 03:09 PM
From memory - Unrestricted Traits just means that the limit on one trait from each category is ignored. It doesn't let you take traits you don't meet the requirements for.
This of course doesn't stop you actually adding the trait - can't you just ignore the red validation message?

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silver12

Old March 24th, 2019, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback...I could just ignore it, but just wanted to check. Seemed like if there was an ignore pre-req for feats, there would be one for traits...?
Silver12 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote