Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Giddoen

Old February 8th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Ok lets kick this off what will you all be using HL for! I know it will make charaters but i plan on using it to help me with the campaign and setting as well. Since I use my laptop at the game table this well be a great help with NPC's

Giddoen

I have faith!...my character sheet says so!
Giddoen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mervh

Old February 22nd, 2007, 09:54 AM
I will be using it more for creating NPC's. I haven't been huge into the whole laptop at the table thing. The hardest thing for me to do is putting all of those interesting NPC's on paper. Its so time consuming. I know players that will take several days building a character. Having a program to help should just that down closer to 22 hours. Does this program have a die roller on it? I might use it at the table if it did...
mervh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:54 AM
For me, I'll probably use it for creating NPCs, because I'm primarily a GM. However, I'll also encourage my players to use it to make characters.
FifthWanderer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
brimitch

Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
Yes, Hero Lab does have a dice roller. Click on the "View" menu at the top of the screen, and then click on "Show Dice Roller".

22 hours? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that with Hero Lab we can get that shaved down to well below 20. :-)

Brian

At 12:54 PM 2/22/2007, mervh wrote:

Quote:
I will be using it more for creating NPC's. I haven't been huge into the whole laptop at the table thing. The hardest thing for me to do is putting all of those interesting NPC's on paper. Its so time consuming. I know players that will take several days building a character. Having a program to help should just that down closer to 22 hours. [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] Does this program have a die roller on it? I might use it at the table if it did...

brimitch is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old February 25th, 2007, 10:16 PM
I would use it to build my NPC database; I do something similar with the Hero Designer program for HERO. Hero Designer has the advantage of being published in close association with the system's publisher, and its expansions (which mostly include characters, equipment, and power builds) are directly from their products.

The ability to enter characters from print books that you would like to use with a minimum amount of fuss is something that would be very helpful.
MPHopcroft is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Darrin_Kelley

Old February 26th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I'm greatly looking forward to this also. And I am hoping that it will cover the true breadth of how the M&M power system operates. Because, honestly, the free Mutagen program I have been using has some problems with incompleteness when it comes to dealing with things like Alternate Power.

I'm hoping Hero Lab handles things in a much more clean manner. Definitely will be less stress for me.
Darrin_Kelley is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Giddoen

Old February 27th, 2007, 07:01 AM
I will use it to manage my player characters and of course NPC's. Since I do allot of convention games to show new users the joy of M&M I am looking forward to pitching both M&M and HL as a solid answer to the tedium of character creation that is involved in most supers games.

I am so ready for the data sets!

Giddoen

I have faith!...my character sheet says so!
Giddoen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
drawback

Old February 28th, 2007, 06:03 AM
As soon as this program dataset gets in the wild, I'll buy it and start, FINALLY, considering actually running an M&M game.
drawback is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
mancerbear

Old September 6th, 2007, 05:21 PM
I'm looking at using this primarily for designing NPCs, but I'd also like to see a facility where I can design Headquarters, Vehicles, Devices and other equipment and have a nice store of them to easily plug into NPCs and PCs.

Cheers,
mancerbear is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Harmon

Old November 13th, 2007, 10:20 PM
NPC construction - mostly.
Harmon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote