Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

ruhar

Old August 15th, 2017, 01:54 AM
In the Realm Works Content Sharing Guidelines it says that Auto Accept of names is not an option, that it should be left to the GM to set it. When creating Content Market realms from published adventures being able to Auto Accept certain names is helpful so you don't have to deal with the tedious task accepting different links every time you create a new article with lots of different links.

My wish for those of us working on realms for the Content Market is that there is a switch that would turn off the Auto Accept option in all categories. Similar to being able to scan a whole realm for Links.

Thanks.
ruhar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old August 17th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Such switches would be very useful for many occasions. But all of those would need development time. Maybe that is rather spent for new features / higher priorities...

But I agree, all kind of recurring tasks should be as gentle as possible on the users mind

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old August 17th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Such switches would be very useful for many occasions. But all of those would need development time. Maybe that is rather spent for new features / higher priorities...

But I agree, all kind of recurring tasks should be as gentle as possible on the users mind
Please do not judge or assume that someone's suggestion is not good enough to be considered or wouldn't be considered a high enough priority. This forum is called Feature REQUESTS. That means we can request a feature and if others like the idea they can add their support to it. This lets Lone Wolf know what the users would like. So if you like the idea add your support. If you don't like the idea then move on to the next posted idea.

Thank you.
ruhar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old August 17th, 2017, 08:32 PM
I don't think Acenoid was attacking the idea. He even kind of agrees with the request, just states that he doesn't think it will happen any time soon due to higher priority things that need to get done.

Anyway, other threads in the 'Feature Request' forums have had discussions to enhance or modify the original idea. This is not just a '+1' or 'Move On' Forum area, in my opinion. We've even had open decent where people have stated they don't like an idea.
Viking2054 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old August 17th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
I don't think Acenoid was attacking the idea. He even kind of agrees with the request, just states that he doesn't think it will happen any time soon due to higher priority things that need to get done.

Anyway, other threads in the 'Feature Request' forums have had discussions to enhance or modify the original idea. This is not just a '+1' or 'Move On' Forum area, in my opinion. We've even had open decent where people have stated they don't like an idea.
It was more of a backhand agreement. I have no problem with discussing ways to enhance or modify an idea but don't try to do Lone Wolf's job. Only Lone Wolf can determine if the request is something that works with their vision for the program or not. As I said, if you like the idea add your support. If you don't like the idea then move on to the next posted idea.
ruhar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old August 18th, 2017, 05:43 AM
Sorry, but in my opinion -1's are just as valid as +1's. If someone can detail why they don't like an idea or oppose a proposal then they should be allowed to do so. You don't have to move along if you don't like an idea.

I won't respond to any further comment on this, in this thread anyway because I think it is derailing the request.
Viking2054 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old August 18th, 2017, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
Sorry, but in my opinion -1's are just as valid as +1's. If someone can detail why they don't like an idea or oppose a proposal then they should be allowed to do so. You don't have to move along if you don't like an idea.

I won't respond to any further comment on this, in this thread anyway because I think it is derailing the request.
You are correct that having a discussion like that is helpful. I guess I wasn't clear in my response; IMO I feel a response should focus on if we the end users think it would be beneficial or not instead of trying to presume what LW would consider worthy or not based on "development time" and priorities. Who knows, a suggestion could be a small and easy task that can be done while waiting on a bigger task to finish. It's happened before.
ruhar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old August 22nd, 2017, 02:50 PM
I didn't want to attack the OP here or provide a response for LWD. Like others have already stated I find that this one and similar switches / options that make the daily tasks in the program easier would be well received by me.

Anyways, my post was not clear enough and I didn't want to distract from the feature request discussion here.

Cheers

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #8 Reply With Quote