Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Liegekiller

Old May 8th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Good evening all!

Everytime I open HL/Pathfinder RPG it starts the compiling data files but then throws this error:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

'eval' script for Thing 'wConstrict' (Eval Script '#1') calls a non-existent procedure for the active script context

Clicking on OK then produces the same error again. And then exits back to the game selection screen. I have searched but cannot find a clear answer. Any help would be appreciated. As far as I can tell everything is up to date. I run HL from a MacBook Pro running 10.11.6.

Thanks for your time in advance.

--Liege
Liegekiller is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old May 8th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Something might have gone wrong with your install. Have you tried re-downloading the latest Pathfinder update and importing it again? Have you tried re-downloading the latest Hero Lab version and installing it again?

If those don't work, definitely submit a Pathfinder Bug Report here: http://www.wolflair.com/support/report-pathfinder-bug/
Mystic Lemur is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Liegekiller

Old May 8th, 2017, 07:31 PM
Yes, I have reinstalled the software and all updates again 8( I also filed a bug report.
Thank you for your response!

--Liege
Liegekiller is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Skarn

Old May 13th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liegekiller View Post
Everytime I open HL/Pathfinder RPG it starts the compiling data files but then throws this error:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

'eval' script for Thing 'wConstrict' (Eval Script '#1') calls a non-existent procedure for the active script context
I encountered a similar problem when I tried to skip some of the "official" 3rd-party content in an attempt to cut down on compile times.

If you either disable 'Develop->Enable Data File Debugging', or else go to 'Develop->Choose Supplement Packages' and re-enable the '[3rd-Party Publisher] Common Content' options at the bottom of the list, I think that should take care of your problem.
Skarn is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
af22man

Old May 28th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Quote:
If you either disable 'Develop->Enable Data File Debugging', or else go to 'Develop->Choose Supplement Packages' and re-enable the '[3rd-Party Publisher] Common Content' options at the bottom of the list, I think that should take care of your problem.
This doesnt work if the game wont load. everything is greyed out until you can get it to load.

I had to fully remove the current app and install the previous app on a mac.. its located at /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Herolab/ and you should be able to find all of the previous .dmg files.

not sure why this current version wont load, but it completely fails to load any pathfinder content, even with previous 3rd party packages deleted from the system.
af22man is offline   #5 Reply With Quote