Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 2nd, 2016, 03:14 PM
I will take a look maybe this Sunday. Just won't have time before then. Sorry.

Allot of what I see is small syntax issues that would cause HL to freak out on. The "concept" I think is ok but the code syntax is off.

This:
Code:
hero.findchild[ClassList,fieldval:cIndex = X].setfocus
Needs to become this:
Code:
hero.findchild[ClassList,"fieldval:cIndex = 1"].setfocus
This script. I have no idea what your trying to do. SORRY! It looks like you trying to change a field into a tag and assign that as a string to the pick? If that is true you can't do that.
Code:
var index as string
index = eachpick.field[cIndex].value
index = "cIndex" & index
perform eachpick.assign[User.(index)]
findchild[] is almost as bad as foreach loop. The only difference is that you only ever get back "ONE" Pick instead of many. So the first Pick you get back better be the one you need.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 2nd, 2016, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the reminder about this. I was able to build a proof of concept that would cause HL to "stop" adding in BAB/Save values once it hit 21+ Class Hit Dice.

I would need to talk to Colen to see how or if I would be allowed to add this. I think "maybe" if there was an option to turn this feature on/off. My fear is that if I stopped this cold after 12 years of d20 always adding BAB/Saves after level 21 I will break peoples stuff.

But if this was an Option you could turn on/off then maybe I could get it in. So its a "good" news sort of thing.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old December 2nd, 2016, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I will take a look maybe this Sunday. Just won't have time before then. Sorry.
no worries, with what you've given me here, I'll post a file shortly to test.
* WARNING * it will be ugly and incomplete, but it will be a start for the rest of us.

Quote:
Allot of what I see is small syntax issues that would cause HL to freak out on. The "concept" I think is ok but the code syntax is off.

This:
Code:
hero.findchild[ClassList,fieldval:cIndex = X].setfocus
Needs to become this:
Code:
hero.findchild[ClassList,"fieldval:cIndex = 1"].setfocus
Of course I missed something, I wouldn't be me if I didn't
I'd been playing with that particular concept since yesterday. I was fairly certain I had to use fieldval, but I couldn't get it to work. Quotes, so simple and yet so important.

Quote:
This script. I have no idea what your trying to do. SORRY!
No worries, it just seemed like one of these things I had to try. And yes, it was trying to assign a User tag based on a value in the Pick.

Quote:
findchild[] is almost as bad as foreach loop. The only difference is that you only ever get back "ONE" Pick instead of many. So the first Pick you get back better be the one you need.
Since the cIndex is unique it should only return the desired pick. However if it is that bad of a process suck, then the single foreach loop would be better then a bunch of findchilds.

I'll move forward with my findchild solution for the short term to share and post it here. Hopefully we can use variables to define paths and picks. if so, I'll offer a foreach version which will probably be easier on the system then the findchild.
Nightfox is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old December 3rd, 2016, 01:43 AM
Finally something to put up to test.

The attached file will add a source
Epic Level Handbook - Leveling

A condition "Epic Leveling" will be made available on the Adjust tab for the character. There will be no obvious changes until the hero has 21 or more Hit Dice from race and classes. The Hero.Epic tag should automatically be applied to the hero at that point (no need to check the box).

If you check the condition though, a series of eval scripts will run to determine the hero's BAB and Saves at the 20th HD and apply the epic progression for attack and Saves for all levels after that.

Known Limitations:
This setup assumes the hero will achieve 21 HD within 30 class picks. I know it seems obvious, but one of my current characters did not get to 21 until the 27th class pick. Templates can be a convenient way to add home brew campaign bonuses to your hero, but they count as class picks as well. If you find that your hero may not reach epic until after 30 picks, let me know and I'll expand it out further.

In addition, I am unsure how well this will handle HD added from sources other then the base race and class leveling. Again, if you notice problems let us know. I cannot guarantee to be able to solve it, but it is likely someone on the forum will be able to find a solution or workaround.

One last point, this uses a bunch of "findchild" statements. I did only light testing so far and my home computer is decently powerful so I did not notice lag. Your mileage may vary.
Attached Files
File Type: email Test - Epic.user (116.2 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by Nightfox; December 3rd, 2016 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Sorry, left some of my testing settings turned on.
Nightfox is offline   #34 Reply With Quote