Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Azhrei

Old October 5th, 2017, 07:20 PM
So, I’m using the Community Pack (cool package, btw!). I have a “scorpion, greensting” familiar and I want to add poison to its default attack. The attack string on the Play tab (this is on an iPad) already says “plus poison”, but there’s no information on the saves or anything else poison-related.

I found the information on the familiar’s “Minion” tab. But how do I add the information to the sting attack? I’d like the attack roll to include a reminde or something of what the DC is, what the effects are, and so forth. It would be acceptable for the information on the Minion tab to be replicated on the Play tab.

Any ideas?
Azhrei is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 5th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Hoenstly it sounds like you want to add your own custom note to the weapon instead. I would recommend using the adjustment called "Weapon Elemental Dmg, Custom". You will find this after you turn on "ShadowChemoh's Adjustments".

I know it sounds strange but hear me out. Select the natural attack and in the duration where it says "+1d6 elemental" change it to something like " plus poison DC10" or whatever you would like. That will extend that wording to the end of the damage of the weapon.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old October 6th, 2017, 09:51 AM
There is a Poison Weapon adjustment on the Adjust tab. That should do it.
frumple is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old October 6th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frumple
There is a Poison Weapon adjustment on the Adjust tab. That should do it.
Nope, that doesn't do it. I want the Play tab on the iPad to show the statistics for the poison. Ideally, it would show the Fort save all the time as part of the attack, then show the full details if I tap on the weapon.

When I use your technique, there are four options all labeled "Poison" and they do the same thing: they add "and poison" to the scorpion's sting attack which already contains "plus poison". (And there's another spelled "Posion" that adds a misspelled word to the attack string!)

Six other options labeled "Poison: Cha" through "Poison: Wis" are not appropriate for the green sting scorpion as failing the save produces sickness; I didn't even try those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh
Select the natural attack and in the duration where it says "+1d6 elemental" change it to something like " plus poison DC10" or whatever you would like. That will extend that wording to the end of the damage of the weapon.
That worked good. Since the scorpion sting already says “plus poison”, I put the poison info into the Duration, but had to prefix it with a space so it wouldn’t run right up against the word “poison”. But it works good — I can see all the information I need at a glance. Thanks!

Last edited by Azhrei; October 7th, 2017 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Added quotes and clarification
Azhrei is offline   #4 Reply With Quote