Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

VeteranSergentSims

Send a message via Yahoo to VeteranSergentSims

Old September 21st, 2005, 06:47 AM
These bugs are based on the 2nd Edition of the Dark Eldar Codex.
1. The point cost for a Wych Archite displays as 60, it should be 70.

2. There are no point costs displayed for wargear, weapons, or transports in the roster. I can supply them upon request if it will help expediate the patch process.

3. There are not many descriptions of wargear attributes. I can supply them upon request if it will help expediate the patch process.

4. There is no entry for the special character, Lelith Hesperax. Her stats and wargear are:Points90 WS7 BS6 S3 T3 W3 I8 A3 Ld9 Sv6+.

Wargear: Agoniser, splinter pistol. shadow field and a lethal collection of Wych weapons.

I can supply her special rules upon request if it will help expediate the patch process.

Thanks for the support.
VeteranSergentSims is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
KwiKwag

Old September 21st, 2005, 10:57 AM
First, let me say I am not a maintainer - I am an ethusiastic Dark Eldar player/painter and decided to change the dark eldar datafile because you can't make roster from it.

I have been also communicating with the Dark Eldar datafile maintainers and I'm not sure how far they have come along. I am currently trying to coordinate the effort to update this file with offering to help.

I have already done everything you listed and tons more. If you like I can send you an almost, say 80-90% finished datafile. You should be able to easily create an accurate standard mission without any codex conflict.

I am now working on exclusions between the Kabal and Wyche Cult like adding a Wyche Drachite to a Kabal and not letting Urien Rakarth to be a special character HQ choice in a Wyche Cult - type stuff. All the special characters are in and now I am just moving (formatting) the info.

As far as the wargear, I added it together along with all the exclusions (one per army type stuff) and they all add up correctly on the roster. However, there is a problem with multiple numbers of the same item (like blasters), they have to be individually listed - I can't seem to get a child field to add up on the computer display.

I didn't catch the Archite points, thank you. If you could look at what I have done so far I would appreciate if you could beta-test it and tell me what else I can fix. Most things can be fixed but I have found some that I cannot simply because I am new to this program.

Let me know here or PM me your email. I will be gone this weekend but if you get it now I can see your response on Monday.

Thanks
KwiKwag is offline   #2 Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2005, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up. It would be a pleasure to beta test the work you have completed. Let me know if there is specific way you want the reports and I will follow it. Let me know where I can download the patch and I will crank on it over the weekend. Thanks again.
  #3 Reply With Quote
KwiKwag

Old September 21st, 2005, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thanks for the heads up. It would be a pleasure to beta test the work you have completed. Let me know if there is specific way you want the reports and I will follow it. Let me know where I can download the patch and I will crank on it over the weekend. Thanks again.
Are you Sgt Sims? I will PM it to you hopefully as an attachment if not I will find another way as I dont have a place for you to download it from.

Also, if you do receive it please make sure you have the checkbox unchecked or it will delete all the other files. I will give you more instructions in the PM>

Thanks for your time!
Kwi
KwiKwag is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
VeteranSergentSims

Send a message via Yahoo to VeteranSergentSims

Old September 22nd, 2005, 07:54 AM
Yes that was me, I forgot to log in. I sent you an email so you could send the patch directly. As of now the download site has not uploaded the patch. Thanks for all the work.
VeteranSergentSims is offline   #5 Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2005, 05:31 PM
Is it a bug that warrior squads are allowed to take both 2 dark lances AND 2 splinter cannons? in the first ed. codex that i have its one or the other, was this changed?
  #6 Reply With Quote
KwiKwag

Old October 24th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Yes, its a bug. The program is incorrect, you are correct.

I have one last thing to correct with the program before it is considered for approval by the "Maintainers".

What the approval is for I don't know - it could be approval for a user file patch/update OR it could mean that it may be approval for the next major official Update for Army Builder.

Either way the Dark Eldar datafile will be alot closer to providing the service it was intended to do when you purchased the program. However, I still feel sorry for those who will have to wait.

If you like I can send you a pretty clean "unofficial" fix if you send me your email.
KwiKwag is offline   #7 Reply With Quote

Old October 27th, 2005, 03:34 PM
also, an archon can have a retinue that has incubi and warriors, the program only lets you choose one. "between five and ten dark eldar (either warriors _AND/OR_ incubi)

just noticed that.
  #8 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old October 28th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
also, an archon can have a retinue that has incubi and warriors, the program only lets you choose one. "between five and ten dark eldar (either warriors _AND/OR_ incubi)

just noticed that.
Works perfectly fine for me. I can create a retinue consisting of both Incubi and Warriors. The only bug I see is that I can't select less than five Incubi.
Ghaz is offline   #9 Reply With Quote

Old November 1st, 2005, 06:07 AM
models riding a reaver jetbike should only be allowed to take one- one handed weapon. AB lets them equip normally.

also it seems that Drazar is worth 90, but then when you add him his cost jumps to 450.
  #10 Reply With Quote