Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

MNBlockHead

Old June 28th, 2018, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Roll 20 and FG are VTT's not character managers. WotC has licensed no character managers except dndbeyond. They may be letting the VTT's sell their products but dndbeyond is still the exclusive character manager.
Nope. D&D Beyond may have been the first, but it was never exclusive and Roll 20 just announced their character generator/manager: Charactermancer

http://blog.roll20.net/post/17528176...haractermancer

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #471 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old June 29th, 2018, 08:09 AM
A character manager without leveling based on the SRD is your proof?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #472 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old June 30th, 2018, 10:52 PM
SRD AND the Players Handbook (if you buy Roll 20s digital version of the PHB).

So, yes. It is proof that WoTC is licensing their official content to companies making digital character sheets other than D&D Beyond.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #473 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old July 1st, 2018, 07:09 AM
Technically Fantasy Grounds has a character manager with leveling too if we're counting character managers or vaults.

FG's character leveling process is clunky and sometimes requires some knowledge of their scripting but it is there and characters are stored either on the DM's copy (if he has Ultimate) and/or the player's if they have a licensed version (Standard).

So, the argument that DDB is the only "official" or "licensed" character manager has been wrong for a long time. Same goes for the PHB, you can purchase the full text of the PHB from FG and it's nicely indexed.

So, except for licensing agreements, both RW and HL could have full 5e licensing if WotC would agree to it.
dungeonguru is offline   #474 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old August 3rd, 2018, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
To add to that, Paizo just rolled out the initial API changes we needed today. Before anyone gets too excited, it's the first run, there will absolutely be some testing required, and very likely a few tweaks before we can make use of it entirely, but they did keep the commitment they made to me at Paizo Con. I am incredibly grateful for that and thrilled to be moving forward again in any capacity. It won't happen overnight, but I have my fingers crossed we will see the Content Market in time for Gen Con.
Hey BJ,

Now that Gen Con has arrived, can you give us another little update on where the Content Market is at if possible?

Thanks!
stuartwaring is offline   #475 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 4th, 2018, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartwaring View Post
Hey BJ,

Now that Gen Con has arrived, can you give us another little update on where the Content Market is at if possible?

Thanks!
Might have to wait until a few days after the con, when they've all had time to catch their breath.
EightBitz is offline   #476 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old August 4th, 2018, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Might have to wait until a few days after the con, when they've all had time to catch their breath.
But why??

I hate that I couldn't go this year, especially when I live here.

Anyone else at Gen Con who has heard of any announcements?
ruhar is offline   #477 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old August 4th, 2018, 03:47 AM
No need to catch breath. either they have a date or they dont. Nothing more necessary in the post.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #478 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old August 4th, 2018, 05:51 AM
LWD never gives updates until we make noise first. I’m at Gen Con and went by the booth. It was busy so I didn’t talk to any LWD people. There was a RW sign up along with all their other products but I didn’t see anything else. The focus was totally on HLO and the pathfinder playtest. I haven’t been to any of the LWD seminars though. Is anyone really surprised by there being no announcement though? I will say I’m jealous of the HLO aesthetics. I looks slick, while RW looks 20 years old. I know we want function, but firm matters too. I almost wish they would just come clean and admit RW is harder to pull off than they thought and that it has been put on the back burner. Yes there would be an outcry and some us will not be buying from them again, but the current state may be worse for them and us.
meek75 is offline   #479 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old August 4th, 2018, 07:37 AM
The product is not "hard to pull off". It is actually a pretty finished software and I am very happy by its current state, knowing what kind of disaster it could have been, if the funding ran out in the middle, not in the end.

Yeah, I might be on the desperation track now... Hope dies last.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #480 Reply With Quote