Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Wolf_Larsen

Old April 6th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Team,
I'm trying to incorporate Epic characters into HL and am having these problems:
1) Weapon and armor (maybe other magic items as well), currently cannot have enhancement bonuses of +6 or greater. In some places, HL allows you to specify a custom value, but not with these items. In addition, there is an error that generates when the armor or weapons' overall enhancements are above +10 (i.e. a +5 magic sword that has speed, holy, and vorporal is considered a +15 weapon) Granted, HL notifies you of this and still allows you to create the item. I would suggest adding a check box for "Epic" that when checked, allows the user to create epic weapons and armor. This would also have HL use the appropriate price table when calculating the weapon/armor price. Also, an "Epic" check box would need to be added to many of the tabs in the Editor so that epic items could be created that would be correctly priced.
2) When creating a custom class, you are limited to 99 levels. This isn't a problem with normal classes, since they terminate at 20th level; but with epic classes, there isn't a cap on how many levels can be achieved.
3) When creating an Epic class, the choices for save and attack bonuses do not work. You can get close, but not right on. I would suggest adding an "Epic" choice along with "Good", "Medium", and "Poor".
Thanks, Wolf
Wolf_Larsen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2008, 05:04 PM
At 05:35 PM 4/6/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
Team,
Will future versions of HL allow for epic weapons, armorm, and other magic items? Right now, there is no way (that I know of) to easily create weapons and armor that have more than a +5 enhancement bonus. Also, there is no way to give weapons a custom damage die amount.
Thanks, Wolf
Epic material has been the least requested facet of d20 for us. Consequently, I believe it's the last major piece of d20 that we haven't incorporated yet. That being said, it's definitely on the todo list.

As for how to do some of this stuff on a technical level, Colen is the expert on the d20 files, so I'll need to defer to him on how you could add some of this stuff in the interim.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Wolf_Larsen wrote:
>
>
> Team,
> Will future versions of HL allow for epic weapons, armorm, and other
> magic items? Right now, there is no way (that I know of) to easily
> create weapons and armor that have more than a +5 enhancement bonus.
> Also, there is no way to give weapons a custom damage die amount.

In v2.0, we added the ability to specify a custom damage dice for the
weapon - when you create a weapon in the editor, you can either choose a
dice to roll, or you can specify text for the total damage.

Unfortunately we don't support the epic magic weapon stuff yet.

Hope this helps,

--
Colen McAlister, colen@wolflair.com
Chief Engineer, Lone Wolf Development
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote