Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Sjmarshall

Old August 4th, 2020, 09:42 AM
My players all have apprentice licenses and share my patron content. Recently, the players needed to prepare a 2nd level character since they will level up mid-session. I suggested they copy their character so they can level up the copy so we can pull it onto the stage mid-session. When they copied the character it only gives them option to copy outside the campaign. When this happens the character gets invalidated since the player doesn't own the content. It doesn't get fixed when moved back into campaign. I suspect it's because it removes all xp on the character when being copied outside the campaign to an apprentice account.

A workaround I've found is to transfer ownership of the character to me (GM), I copy it, introduce it to the campaign, and return control of the original and copy to the player. Is that the intended function or is there a better way to achieve what we're trying to do?
Sjmarshall is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 5th, 2020, 03:40 AM
That's a workflow that we overlooked when designing how everything works. We're gonna have to give that some thought and figure out the best way of accommodating it cleanly. In the interim, the approach you utilized is probably the most straightforward, albeit annoying, stopgap solution.

Moving the character outside the campaign and then back into it SHOULD work correctly. The caveat is that, since the players have apprentice accounts, the characters must be assigned ownership to the campaign so that they inherit access to all the content from your patron account. If you DID that, then please open a support ticket, as that would be a bug. If that final step was not taken, that would explain why the characters remained limited.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote