Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

evildmguy

Old June 17th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Aaaagh. I'm completely blanking here.

I have created a new race. I have created a new racial ability and populated it with the correct list of things to choose. (Thing1 and Thing2)

What I can't figure out is what how to find if they picked Thing1 or Thing2?

Second, and more generically, how do I find out what a thing is, via the debug menu, to be able to reference it? In other words, when I right click on a ? and pull up the pick tags, for example, how do I figure out what it is from those?

So, from that pop up window, is there a way to construct what it is, i.e. hero.ability[id].??

edg

I'm sure this has been answered but my search-fu is also failing me.
evildmguy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old June 18th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Okay, I figured out part of my problem. I was selecting something in the drop down but not doing anything else! So, how do I give an ability based on the pick?

Really not thinking clearly.

Thanks!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 18th, 2014, 03:11 PM
What are you trying to accomplish? What's the game effect you're trying to implement?
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old June 18th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Still not thinking clearly.

So, I created a race called the Fey. The Fey have a racial ability, called Fey Magic. Within that ability, they have other types of magics that must be picked. Fey Magic is a racial special ability that shows up under the Racial, Template & Faction abilities just fine. I created Fey Transform and Fey Glamour Racial Special abilities and I am able to get them to appear under the Fey Magic drop down choice.

So, part one: I can't get anything to happen when they pick Fey Glamour under the abilities. I need to do something, assumably under Fey Magic, to add or bootstrap the item onto the character but I am blanking on that.

I looked at the human +2 to any ability but I'm not trying to add to the choice but give it to them. (Or maybe I should be doing something else?)

Second part: I want to allow feats based on the chosen item. Is there a #hasability[] type macro that would let me check for the Racial Special? Or do I add a tag and check for that?

Hopefully that better explains what I'm trying to do.

Thanks.

edg
evildmguy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 18th, 2014, 07:23 PM
There is not a way to add/bootstrap something from an eval script, however, you can conditionally bootstrap several things and set it up so that only one of the conditions can be fulfilled at a time.

In this case I would conditionally bootstrap both Fey Transform and Fey Glamour to your Fey magic special. To add a condition to a bootstrapped item, click the blue "bootstrap" button in the upper right, find the bootstrapped thing in that window and click the "condition" button to the right of that thing.

That will bring up a window to set up the condition. For the phase and priority, both conditions should be at First 500 (which is the standard for most conditions). For Fey Transform put the following in the tag expression:

fieldval:abValue = 1

That basically says "When our root (the bootstrapping thing) has the abValue field set to 1, our condition is fulfilled, so add this bootstrap".

For the alternate ability put this for the tag expression.

fieldval:abValue = 2

Now that you've set that up (make sure you hit "OK" not "Cancel"!) you'll want to set up an eval script on the root ability, Fey Magic. You said that you've already got the selector set up to pick one ability or the other, so I won't go into that. So back up, and click on the Eval Scripts blue button in the upper right. Your eval script is going to have to set the abValue field before the conditions check at First 500, so make the eval script happen at First 400.

Code:
~ Don't do anything if we haven't made a selection yet.
doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0)

~If we picked Fey Transform, set abValue to 1 to fulfill its bootstrap condition.
if (field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagis[Ability.WHATEVERTHEUNIQUEIDOFFEYTRANSFORMIS] <> 0) then
  field[abValue].value = 1
~Otherwise, if we picked Fey Glamour, set abValue to 2 to fulfill its bootstrap condition.
elseif (field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagis[Ability.WHATEVERTHEUNIQUEIDOFFEYGLAMOURIS] <> 0) then
  field[abValue].value = 2
  endif
Not tested, replace the all caps with the appropriate unique IDs. May need to tweak.

Also, conditionals don't mesh well with "Test Now", so I would reload the game system before testing.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 18th, 2014, 07:26 PM
For the second part, what do you mean by allowing feats based on the selection. You mean like, the feat has a pre-requisite for one ability or the other? If that is what you mean, then #hasability[] should be fine.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old June 20th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Thanks! I hope to try it out this weekend and see if I can get it working.

edg
evildmguy is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old June 23rd, 2014, 03:58 AM
Worked great!

Thanks!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #8 Reply With Quote