Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

glandis

Old September 10th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Is there documentation somewhere for the names used in the Custom Expressions list? I'm trying to create a version of Heirloom Weapon I'm calling "Gifted Weapon" that follows the Simple or Martial rule for the current Heirloom (Maneuver version, at the moment), but can be applied to a masterwork or even magic weapon (if you pay for it, of course).

So it would seem I would need to change the Custom Expression "component.BaseWep & !Helper.NoSelect & !wCategory.Amm? & !wProfReq.Exotic & !Helper.Helper" to remove .BaseWep and replace it with ... AllWeps? SimpleWep & MartialWep? Picking "All Weapons" in the "Select From" box does NOT work (masterwork will not appear in the list), although oddly "Melee Weapons" will include the masterwork - as long it is a melee weapon...

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for whatever you've got!
glandis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 11th, 2013, 07:26 AM
I'm having trouble figuring out what you're trying to accomplish. Please describe the game rules you're trying to implement.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
glandis

Old September 11th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm having trouble figuring out what you're trying to accomplish. Please describe the game rules you're trying to implement.
The specific task at hand is: take the "Heirloom Weapon (Manuever)" Trait, and remove the non-masterwork restriction. Keep the Simple and Martial only restriction. Hopefully that allows it to be attributed to just about any non-Exotic weapon.

But the general question - is there a listing somewhere of what names like "component.BaseWep", "wCategory.Amm" & "wProfReq.Exotic" are available for use in a custom expression? - would also be nice to know.
glandis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old September 11th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Make sure Data File Debuging is on and you can look at the tags that are on items. Add the item to a charcter and right click on the item and select view tags.
AndrewD2 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 11th, 2013, 10:48 AM
What your asking for is the "Tags" that control what a Thing is associated too. Video#4 shows how to start figuring this type of information out.

Basically you need to go to "Tools->Enable data file debugging". Then you can add a weapon to your character and "right" click on the "?". You will get a new list of options including showing the "Tags" on the Thing. Those are what Custom Expressions are searching for.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
glandis

Old September 12th, 2013, 12:34 AM
OK, thanks! I'd seen in the 3rd video how to go ahead and look at the BIG lists from the Develop menu, but hadn't gotten to the right-click on a particular context part of the next video. With that, it became clear that "component.BaseWep was NOT a way to determine if something was masterwork. Experimentation revealed that removing "& !Helper.NoSelect" from the custom expression mostly produced the result I was looking for. I'm not sure why "no primary weapon" appears in the pick list, but I can live with it.

Still - where can I find out what Helper.NoSelect is actually checking for? Or even what component.BaseWep is doing?
glandis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 12th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Helper.NoSelect is specifically there to exclude "no primary weapon". EVERY weapon has component.BaseWep, so component.BaseWep is there to tell Hero Lab you're selecting from weapons, and not armor, or normal gear, or feats.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
glandis

Old September 12th, 2013, 11:45 AM
First of all - thanks for all the help! Is there a reference for that kind of info about component.BaseWep, Helper.NoSelect, & etc., or are they just things we figure out by experience & looking at debug data (in other words, should I just have looked those up in the durned file/manual/wiki/whatever rather than pestering y'all about it)?

And then - removing Helper.NoSelect seems to also make selecting a weapon from the "Magic, Custom and Masterwork" section possible, whereas such weapons are excluded when it is present (at least, when used in my new Trait that I created by looking at & copying the Heirloom Weapon (Maneuver) Trait). Is there any other way to exclude "no primary weapon", or some other way to include "Magic, Custom and Masterwork" weapons?
glandis is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 12th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Study the debug data - compare similar items, and see exactly what differs in their tags. For example, add a masterwork longsword, a regular longsword, and a +1 weapon, and then compare the tag lists in each case.

Also, in the Develop menu, choose "Floating Info Windows"..."Show Selection Tags", and then find "No Primary Weapon" in that list, and look at its tags. Is there something else that will exclude it without excluding the custom/magic weapons?
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 12th, 2013, 12:03 PM
"No primary weapon" is a pick called wMainHand, I think, so you can put in "!thingid.wMainHand" if you only want to exclude that. If you want to exclude all custom and specific magic weapons, it looks like they all have "component.BaseMagicI" tags, so you could exclude that from the candidate expression.
Aaron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote