Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bodrin

Old September 1st, 2011, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umarian View Post
Not sure that I understand which one you are referring to either Bodrin. Which NPC are you referring to so that I can take a look at it?
The Lopper has a Fear of Fire bootstrapped, in the user file but the shrieyzx has been officially added which also has a fear of fire special which clashes with the carrion crown Npc Lopper special!

So the Lopper Fear of Fire shows the Shrieyzx ability not the custom ability text!

Last edited by bodrin; September 1st, 2011 at 04:32 PM.
bodrin is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 2nd, 2011, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
The Lopper has a Fear of Fire bootstrapped, in the user file but the shrieyzx has been officially added which also has a fear of fire special which clashes with the carrion crown Npc Lopper special!
Yea no Lopper in the CC bestiary section of AP43 or AP44. I just scanned the .user file and no Lopper or "Fear of Fire". There is a Lopper in the adventure itself but it is not part of the Bestiary and not something Umarian has done for this project.

I assume you have downloaded the NPCs for Carrion Crown that I posted back in may. It was done by ???? don't know didn't mark it and have no idea now.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Yea no Lopper in the CC bestiary section of AP43 or AP44. I just scanned the .user file and no Lopper or "Fear of Fire". There is a Lopper in the adventure itself but it is not part of the Bestiary and not something Umarian has done for this project.

I assume you have downloaded the NPCs for Carrion Crown that I posted back in may. It was done by ???? don't know didn't mark it and have no idea now.
Yep I DL'd the NPC files for CC and it contained a Bestiary User file that has the Fear of Fire special in it. How do you want go handle the situation, should I send my custom file that contains the Lopper version?
bodrin is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:33 AM
bodrin, wouldn't it be possible just to change the UniqueID in your file so that the two abilities are viewed as different items? There are lots of duplicate items in HL that have the same noun names. As long as the IDs are different there shouldn't be a problem.

I may be missing something in the discussion, though.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris.Crenshaw View Post
bodrin, wouldn't it be possible just to change the UniqueID in your file so that the two abilities are viewed as different items? There are lots of duplicate items in HL that have the same noun names. As long as the IDs are different there shouldn't be a problem.

I may be missing something in the discussion, though.
Yep, that's what I've done. I was just offering to send my file along with the Lopper.Por file to reduce the duplicate thing error and the wrong text error special as the Lopper fear is worded differently.
bodrin is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Yep, that's what I've done. I was just offering to send my file along with the Lopper.Por file to reduce the duplicate thing error and the wrong text error special as the Lopper fear is worded differently.
Thanks I just fixed it myself quick actually. I appreciate the offer but just as easy to do it myself for something so small.

Though I don't get the Duplicate Thing error. I am missing Dungeons of Golarion & Pathfinder Society Field Guide so I have to assume it is in one of those. Sigh off to buy those so I can see if any other issues show up.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:11 PM
Okay, that makes more sense. I knew I was missing something.

In other news, I finished all the work in the Editor for the Second Darkness Bestiary entries this evening. I'll get the .stock file generated and send them along. I added a lot of "on-screen" functionality for these creatures, so you can do things like activate circumstantial skill bonuses or include modifiers from active special abilities.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM
So small piece of advice is to double check what is already available on d20pfsrd. When posting bodrin's Council of Thieves I noticed that it is a pretty heavy duplicate to what was already posted by Nikmal back in February.

In other news with v3.8a of HL we get a new feature that will allow us to more easily distribute these as little data sets (ie using .hl file instead). This will make it much easier for the end-gamers to import placing all the files into the correct locations.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old September 6th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I got the PF46 Bestiary to ShadowChemosh last night. Only thing on it is the Moit of Shub-Niggurath has 2 forms. One being the Spawning Canker and the other being the Slugspawn. I was able to get the Spawning Canker entered, but the Slugspawn is more of a disease then it is a creature so that is not entered.

Should have the last two books done before the end of this week, hopefully sooner then later.
Umarian is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old September 6th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Thanks, Umarian

For the Moit of Shub-Niggurath, my suggestion would be to add the information about the Slugspawn into the creature's description block.

Another possibility would be to add it as either a template or as an adjustment that can be added to a character, but the simplest way to handle it is through the text description.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #110 Reply With Quote