Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old December 24th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Could there be a busy spinner of some type put in to know that RW is currently processing something? As of right now, it sort of locks up while busy, and it makes me panic every time (though it is working properly). I vote for a couple of clockwork wheels for the spinner! Anyways, low priority, just something that might be put in at a later date.
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aleslosh

Old December 25th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Or how about we get creative and make the "busy spinner" a walking/running wolf?
Aleslosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old December 29th, 2013, 01:53 AM
+ to either!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fox Lee

Old December 29th, 2013, 07:10 PM
I like the cogwheels! The wolf seems like it's more about LWD than about RW itself, so (being in RW's logo) the cogs are better IMO.

Fox Lee, The Art Gremblin
Invincible Ink - Original indie tabletop games on demand
The Square Fireball - Where it's 4th Edition Forever
Skies of Escarnum - Inclusive anime-flavoured 4e campaign world
HeroLab 4e patch contributor
Fox Lee is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 30th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Lee View Post
I like the cogwheels! The wolf seems like it's more about LWD than about RW itself, so (being in RW's logo) the cogs are better IMO.
We had considered a rotating Realm Works logo globe. It is all a matter of having the time and artistic talent to do something about it. Any volunteers?
davidp is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old December 30th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Personally the gears get my +1
Grey Mage is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Fox Lee

Old January 1st, 2014, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp View Post
We had considered a rotating Realm Works logo globe. It is all a matter of having the time and artistic talent to do something about it. Any volunteers?
I might take a bash at it. My animation experience revolves around characters, but with regular geometric shapes I don't think it will be too mind-numbing a task (though definitely cogwheels would be easier ^_^; ). Anyway, I'll let you know if I have anything to offer ^^

Fox Lee, The Art Gremblin
Invincible Ink - Original indie tabletop games on demand
The Square Fireball - Where it's 4th Edition Forever
Skies of Escarnum - Inclusive anime-flavoured 4e campaign world
HeroLab 4e patch contributor
Fox Lee is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 30th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Could there be a busy spinner of some type put in to know that RW is currently processing something? As of right now, it sort of locks up while busy, and it makes me panic every time (though it is working properly). I vote for a couple of clockwork wheels for the spinner! Anyways, low priority, just something that might be put in at a later date.
In many places we have a "please wait" dialog pop up when there is an operation known to possibly take a while.

What specific instances are you seeing where we don't have such a dialog and yet it takes a while?
davidp is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old December 31st, 2013, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp View Post
In many places we have a "please wait" dialog pop up when there is an operation known to possibly take a while.

What specific instances are you seeing where we don't have such a dialog and yet it takes a while?
I was doing something in Calendars, each time it loads up RW just stops doing anything and I have to wait several seconds for the Calendars to load. RW is just busy, but my default reaction is always, "Oops, what'd I do to lock it up", when in fact I hadn't done so at all. But then, I know Calendars are not yet where you guys want them to be yet, so this might be moot.

As for the busy spinners, an animated gif would be all you'd need for moving cog wheels, it would cause the illusion of moving wheels. I will try to give whip something up for you guys when I get the time.
Kendall-DM is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 31st, 2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
I was doing something in Calendars, each time it loads up RW just stops doing anything and I have to wait several seconds for the Calendars to load. RW is just busy, but my default reaction is always, "Oops, what'd I do to lock it up", when in fact I hadn't done so at all. But then, I know Calendars are not yet where you guys want them to be yet, so this might be moot.
Ah, calendars. We haven't been giving any attention or loving to calendars. We know we have a bit of work to whip that into shape and have been busy on the core features before we circle back to that.

And yes, depending on how you define the calendar, it could take a while to prime the calendars appropriately as we pre-calculate certain values to make running with the calendar go faster which can cause a delay at times.
davidp is offline   #10 Reply With Quote