Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

PGoodman13

Old February 18th, 2019, 07:33 AM
Mixed Species (Aesthetic/ease of use): Once the traits are added and the attribute increases are unlocked, it would be helpful/more intuitive is the first two attribute boosts were labeled as Primary, and the third as Secondary. This is mostly for clarity; the dropdown lists have shown the correct attributes, but it's not as clear as it could be. Something like this would help:

"Attribute +1 (P): [dropdown]"
"Attribute +1 (p): [dropdown]"
"Attribute +1 (S): [dropdown]"
PGoodman13 is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old February 18th, 2019, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
Aesthetic issue: Traits appear to be auto-sorted alphabetically. This sometimes results in minor weirdness, especially with mixed species Traits.

<snip>

Also, using the game's standard notation, Species Traits should show up first, with additional traits (Section 31, Cybernetic Limb, or whatever) showing up after the species Trait(s).
I’ll see what I can figure out here. For someone with a Mixed Heritage, how should it display on the output?

Quote:
Gear Issue (Minor): Communicators and commbadges are two separate things, and should both be listed separately.

I run a late TOS-era game (2295), but allow a couple of TNG-era races since they were part of the Federation then (Trills and Betazoids, specifically), so I have both TOS and TNG eras checked when I create the character. When I give one of these characters a communicator, though, the program changes it to Commbadge because the TNG box is ticked, and this is not a good thing. It's not a major thing, to be sure, but it's not desired behavior.
I’ll provide separate items for next release.

I’m considering redoing the Species and instead of not making them available in an era, simply flag them as truly valid in their appropriate era. That way you could add them with no issue and get a warning. Then, ideally you could add an adjustment to make them valid. Would something like that work?

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old February 18th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Mixed Species (Aesthetic/ease of use): Once the traits are added and the attribute increases are unlocked, it would be helpful/more intuitive is the first two attribute boosts were labeled as Primary, and the third as Secondary. This is mostly for clarity; the dropdown lists have shown the correct attributes, but it's not as clear as it could be. Something like this would help:

"Attribute +1 (P): [dropdown]"
"Attribute +1 (p): [dropdown]"
"Attribute +1 (S): [dropdown]"
Noted. Easy fix.

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
SSiron

Old February 18th, 2019, 10:23 AM
Ok, the new files are working now. I decided to test out the Mixed Heritage and encountered a slight problem. Detlans have the option of also being an Empath, yet the talent is still showing as Betazoid only.

When looking at it with the intent to edit, I realized I wasn't sure exactly how to do that without breaking the file set. Is there a way to change all the species talent pre-reqs from the 'isspecies' to requiring the species trait instead?
SSiron is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old February 18th, 2019, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSiron View Post
Ok, the new files are working now. I decided to test out the Mixed Heritage and encountered a slight problem. Detlans have the option of also being an Empath, yet the talent is still showing as Betazoid only.

When looking at it with the intent to edit, I realized I wasn't sure exactly how to do that without breaking the file set. Is there a way to change all the species talent pre-reqs from the 'isspecies' to requiring the species trait instead?
I’ll take a look at that.

Actually, the #isspecies[X] macro (in the definition.def) now looks for the “CountsAsSpecies.X” tag, so you would just need to add that tag to whatever species for a talent or whatever to become valid. I could probably add something like a “ValidForSpecies.X” tag too if think that would be useful?

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
SSiron

Old February 18th, 2019, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
I’ll take a look at that.

Actually, the #isspecies[X] macro (in the definition.def) now looks for the “CountsAsSpecies.X” tag, so you would just need to add that tag to whatever species for a talent or whatever to become valid. I could probably add something like a “ValidForSpecies.X” tag too if think that would be useful?
So in order to change the Empath talent from Betazoid only to Betazoid or Deltan would be phrased how?

Also, the Nerve pinch, how would you change the damage CD from adding Security to adding whichever the higher discipline is of Medicine, Science, or Security?

If it is easier for you to simply make the changes and push out the newly edited sections, that would be fine too.
SSiron is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old February 18th, 2019, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSiron View Post
So in order to change the Empath talent from Betazoid only to Betazoid or Deltan would be phrased how?

Also, the Nerve pinch, how would you change the damage CD from adding Security to adding whichever the higher discipline is of Medicine, Science, or Security?

If it is easier for you to simply make the changes and push out the newly edited sections, that would be fine too.
You could change the expression to:
Code:
(#isspecies[spcBetazoid] + #isspecies[spcDeltan] <> 0)
Your second question is something I didn’t consider. I may need to add a DmgBonus tag or something of the sort...

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
SSiron

Old February 18th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
You could change the expression to:
Code:
(#isspecies[spcBetazoid] + #isspecies[spcDeltan] <> 0)
Your second question is something I didn’t consider. I may need to add a DmgBonus tag or something of the sort...
Thank you, that is helpful...

While fiddling with it, I am not sure if it is just me or not, but I noticed that the Career Events are not adding the bonuses to attributes and Disciplines like they should (and did previously).

Edit: Hmm... changing the expression for empath broke the file set with an error of "Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'talEmpath' on line 1 -> Tag 'CountsAsSpecies.spcBetazoid' not defined"

Edit of Edit: Ha! I spotted it now... there is no id in the species definition for Betazoid... (betazo)

Last edited by SSiron; February 18th, 2019 at 11:13 AM.
SSiron is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
SSiron

Old February 18th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Ok, looks like that was just a glitch, but I also noticed something that has been partly bothering me for a while.

In the thing_disciplines.dat, you have the disciplines sorted alphabetically, instead of by section. (Command, Conn, Engineering, Medicine, Security, Science... instead of Command, Conn, Engineering, Security, Medicine, Science)

It doesn't really have much of an effect, except when someone decides to edit/create their own stuff and get the wrong label attached due to not realizing they may be different. (I know it would take forever to alter all the files to make corrections, just thought I would point out a possible issue for others to notice and deal with on their own.)

Also, I the career events issue was a minor glitch. It's working now, however, I did notice that at least one of the career events is adding a point to the wrong discipline. (Encounter with an Alien Being is adding to Command instead of Science.) I corrected that one in mine, but may have to go through all the events to make sure they are operating correctly.
SSiron is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
SSiron

Old February 18th, 2019, 11:52 AM
You may also want to go through and double-check the ships stats. I noticed that at least the Oberth frame has the wrong stats for Structure and Weapons (1 point lower than should be).
SSiron is offline   #80 Reply With Quote