Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Please remember that there's a "Requested Features" thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11108. There are already several requests for this feature in that thread already. The only reason it hasn't been added yet is that we have not had the time to do so.
Mathias is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old April 2nd, 2014, 12:56 PM
This would be especially helpful for gunslingers with rapid reload using alchemical cartridges so they can gain free action reloads. (I think I got that right). With this feature I think HL should show the a pistol as getting all of it's attacks in a full-round attack. Yes?

Currently it shows the pistol as only getting one attack per round because you can't put the ammo on the weapon.

Thanks,
Kizan

Me: How bad could it be?
Him: What's the worst that could happen?
Kizan is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 2nd, 2014, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizan View Post
This would be especially helpful for gunslingers with rapid reload using alchemical cartridges so they can gain free action reloads. (I think I got that right). With this feature I think HL should show the a pistol as getting all of it's attacks in a full-round attack. Yes?

Currently it shows the pistol as only getting one attack per round because you can't put the ammo on the weapon.

Thanks,
Kizan
My adjustment addon has a new one called "Weapon Full Attack, ALL or Select" that will cause the gun or any ranged weapon selected to get their full attacks again.

So that is always an option.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Trentyn

Old June 1st, 2014, 10:35 PM
How does Aspect of the Falcon work? When AoF is enabled on the Adjust tab, the critical range of bows is recalculated on the Weapons tab.

My idea is to make arrows as slotless magic items. When you equip one, it would actually modify the bow (bonus, range, damage, etc) in the same way that AoF does.

I tried duplicating the Aspect of the Falcon spell in the editor, but there are no eval scripts. I haven't a clue how the critical range effect works...
Trentyn is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentyn View Post
How does Aspect of the Falcon work? When AoF is enabled on the Adjust tab, the critical range of bows is recalculated on the Weapons tab.

My idea is to make arrows as slotless magic items. When you equip one, it would actually modify the bow (bonus, range, damage, etc) in the same way that AoF does.

I tried duplicating the Aspect of the Falcon spell in the editor, but there are no eval scripts. I haven't a clue how the critical range effect works...
That would be really strange as I am the one that donated that spell adjustment to HL. In matter of fact a search of the forums find the FULL XML of the spell adjustment HERE.

I don't see why LW would change that. In this case it sets a few tags to change the crit range and stuff.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 2nd, 2014, 01:24 PM
Quote:

Keep in mind that the spell and the spell adjustment are two different things, it sounds like you copied the actual spell by accident.

The Adjustments are part of the General Group, on the Adjustment tab.
Aaron is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Trentyn

Old June 3rd, 2014, 01:05 AM
Thanks ShadowChemosh, that was what I needed. Here is an example eval script for an arrow. It is implemented as an equippable 'gear' item that modifies bows to have half range (like a tangleshot arrow for example):

Code:
~ If we're not enabled, get out now
doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)

~ Modify all the bows 
foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "wFtrGroup.Bows"
    ~Makes bows range halved
    eachpick.field[wRangeInc].value /= 2
nexteach
How can I change the damage dice? (A tangleshot does zero damage)

I had to make it a gear item because you can't equip an arrow as a weapon without de-equipping the bow itself. I'm guessing that magic arrows could probably be made either as gear or as slotless magic items.
Trentyn is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 3rd, 2014, 10:09 AM
Quote:
How can I change the damage dice? (A tangleshot does zero damage)
In the middle of your "foreach loop" you can add code to delete the "wMain.?" tag that should remove the damage. As long as your before the point when it calculates it which I think is pretty late.

so add the following:
Code:
~ Delete the damage tag
perform eachthing.delete[wMain.?]

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Trentyn

Old June 6th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Here is the final code for the Tangleshot arrow:

Code:
  <thing id="A_tangle" name="Arrows, Tangleshot" description="This arrow is topped with a small bottle containing a small quantity of tanglefoot goo. Elves frequently use these arrows to slow or stop fleeing opponents or to capture animals without killing them.\n\nBenefit: You fire a tangleshot arrow as a ranged touch attack; the arrow deals no damage when it hits, but the target is splashed with the alchemical adhesive. The reduced amount of the glue means this arrow is less effective than an actual tanglefoot bag (DC 10 Reflex save, DC 12 Strength check to break, 10 points of slashing damage to cut through, DC 10 Concentration check).\n\nDrawback: The weight of a tangleshot arrow reduces its range increment to half normal." compset="Gear">
    <fieldval field="shortname" value="Tangleshot"/>
    <fieldval field="gCost" value="20"/>
    <fieldval field="gWeight" value=".2"/>
    <tag group="gType" tag="AlchWeapon"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="UsesQty"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="EquipAvail"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="EquipMag"/>
    <eval phase="PostLevel" priority="5000"><![CDATA[~ If we're not enabled, get out now
doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)

~ Modify all the bows and ranged attacks
foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "wFtrGroup.Bows"
    ~Makes bows range halved
    eachpick.field[wRangeInc].value /= 2
    ~ Delete the damage tag
    perform eachpick.delete[wMain.?]
nexteach]]></eval>
    </thing>
I've made a bunch of these, for almost every arrow type that confers an adjustment on a bow. Making them as gear also provides the side-benefit of being able to buy arrows (and thus list them on Tracked Resources) in quantities less than 20.

What is the preferred way to share them?
Trentyn is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 6th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Quote:
What is the preferred way to share them?
You can email the .user file or post it to a post here. I will then upload it to the d20pfsrd HL repository so others can easily get to it.

My email is my ForumID at yahoo dot com.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #20 Reply With Quote