Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Praetor

Old April 16th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Is it possible to have a drop down list of feats that someone can choose one to have bootstrapped to his character from inside another feat?

If so can someone give me an example?

If not is it possible to bootstrap a feat from inside a validation code?

Alvin Leadbetter
www.rpden.net
Praetor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old April 16th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Nope, it is not currently possible. My workarounds have depended on the goal.

If it is an edge that grants another edge, the usual way that I have done it is to have multiple versions, one for each type. If you can only get it once (and choose one edge after it) I make it so that they preclude one another.

What are you trying to do, exactly? If you can be more open about what you are attempting I can come up with some solutions.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Praetor

Old April 17th, 2016, 09:10 AM
In Weird Wars I they changed Haunted to being an Edge that allows you to choose one of the Haunted abilities, then you can choose another ability as an advance. I'll just have to make a separate edge for each Ability.
What I was attempting to do was if you chose a haunted ability it would look to make sure you had the Haunted Edge and if you didn't bootstrap it. I kind of wish they had kept Haunted as an AB as they did in WWII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
Nope, it is not currently possible. My workarounds have depended on the goal.

If it is an edge that grants another edge, the usual way that I have done it is to have multiple versions, one for each type. If you can only get it once (and choose one edge after it) I make it so that they preclude one another.

What are you trying to do, exactly? If you can be more open about what you are attempting I can come up with some solutions.

Alvin Leadbetter
www.rpden.net
Praetor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old April 17th, 2016, 11:34 AM
It sounds to me like it is kind of like being Harrowed in Deadlands. Also, if you want it to bootstrap, I am pretty sure you can do that on each of them if you want. Make it unique and it will show up only once.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Praetor

Old April 20th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Thanks I'll give it a try.

Alvin Leadbetter
www.rpden.net
Praetor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote