Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LazarX

Old November 7th, 2023, 07:11 AM
I took both quick alchemy and the expert alchemy feats which should raise my alchemy level to 3.

but batches can still only be mae of the original 8 level items and I can't add any formulae to my formula book.

It also makes no provision for bombs.
LazarX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 7th, 2023, 07:51 AM
When you say you can't add any formulae, could you be more specific about what's preventing you from doing that? I just tested on one of my own alchemist characters - On the Crafting Formulas tab, I went to Alchemical Formulas, and scanned the list of formulas to purchase, and bombs were in there.

Is the issue with bombs connected to this - that none of your original formulas were bombs and you haven't been able to add new bomb formulas, or was that a separate issue?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old November 7th, 2023, 09:39 AM
I don't believe the dedication automatically grants additional formulas as you increase in level. So you won't see an increase in the number of free formuiae to add on the class tab. Have you bought any level 2 or 3 formulas? You can go to the equipment section and purchase formulas.
mototom is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old November 7th, 2023, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
When you say you can't add any formulae, could you be more specific about what's preventing you from doing that? I just tested on one of my own alchemist characters - On the Crafting Formulas tab, I went to Alchemical Formulas, and scanned the list of formulas to purchase, and bombs were in there.

Is the issue with bombs connected to this - that none of your original formulas were bombs and you haven't been able to add new bomb formulas, or was that a separate issue?
Here are screenhots of my feats and formulas, the latter are the only formulas it would let me add for quick alchemy. I've also exported the json file of the character. I had to put it in a zip file. It's a wizard character with the alchemist dedication. I've taken the quick alchemy and the expert alchemical class feats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-11-08 000358.jpg (104.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-11-08 000422.jpg (66.3 KB, 1 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip HLO-Export-Thelaran.zip (9.4 KB, 1 views)
LazarX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old November 7th, 2023, 10:13 PM
Neither of those feats grant additional formulas, as far as I know. Expert alchemy increases your alchemy level so you can craft higher level alchemical items.

Your screenshots are just showing your class page, with class feats and free formulas granted by your dedication. Did you look under Build > Equipment > Crafting Formulas > Alchemical Item Formulas? You have to go there to buy additional formulas.
mototom is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old November 8th, 2023, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
Neither of those feats grant additional formulas, as far as I know. Expert alchemy increases your alchemy level so you can craft higher level alchemical items.

Your screenshots are just showing your class page, with class feats and free formulas granted by your dedication. Did you look under Build > Equipment > Crafting Formulas > Alchemical Item Formulas? You have to go there to buy additional formulas.
that fixed my issue. I had tried adding things directly to the formula book the way I added to spellbooks and that's where things went south before.
LazarX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old November 8th, 2023, 10:35 AM
Glad that helped! Yeah, it's a little different than spellbooks, where you enter both free and purchased spells. The list on the class page is just granted formulas, and they also then display in your equipment list.

One warning—you can delete any formula from the equipment section, including the free formulas you selected as part of your class feature. You'll get a warning that it was "added from another table" and ask if you want to proceed. If you do, it will delete it from your crafting formulas under equipment AND from the formulas chosen on your class page.
mototom is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old November 9th, 2023, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
Glad that helped! Yeah, it's a little different than spellbooks, where you enter both free and purchased spells. The list on the class page is just granted formulas, and they also then display in your equipment list.

One warning—you can delete any formula from the equipment section, including the free formulas you selected as part of your class feature. You'll get a warning that it was "added from another table" and ask if you want to proceed. If you do, it will delete it from your crafting formulas under equipment AND from the formulas chosen on your class page.
I take it the intention is that you prepare batches and t hen add those items into your inventory for free?
LazarX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old November 9th, 2023, 01:40 PM
No, don't add anything for free. I haven't run an alchemist so am not 100% on how it works, though. You will define batches from your available formulas. Those will use your daily allotment of reagents. You'll click the + icon next to each batch to create it as part of your daily preparations—that will add it to your alchemical equipment under infused items created by you.

I don't know if those automatically go away after a night's rest (it doesn't look like it when I try and test it), so if you change up your daily batch setup you may need to delete some infused items and refresh the batch the next day. Hopefully someone from Lone Wolf or who plays an alchemist can give you better details.
mototom is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 9th, 2023, 02:16 PM
If you're an alchemist or some archetype that allows you to create temporary items, there will be a table of batches to prepare (the exact terminology may vary whether it's alchemical reagents, snares, temporary talismans, etc). There, you add the list of items you want to prepare, and choose how many batches of each to create. Then, the left-most button will create an infused stack of that item, with the correct quantity. For a new day, we assume that most alchemists won't vary their choices much, so we don't just clear the whole set - for each item where you've used some, go to the same button that created the infused stack, press it again (there will be a different icon, but in the same column), and it will reset that stack back to an un-used state with the original quantity.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote