Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
SeeleyOne

Old April 20th, 2014, 09:07 PM
I have thought of a few ways to make the "Full-Caster" classes a bit more fair in comparison to the others.

One idea was to give the less-optimal classes to get an additional feat on the even levels (rounded down). Another idea was to have the XP requirement for the Full-Caster levels cost more XP.

In either case, the way to do it would be to make a mechanic that totals the levels of specific classes. So for the extra feats it would be totaling the levels for cFighter, cRogue, cNinja, etc and then adding half of that to Feats. For the XP penalty it would be to total up the full-caster levels (cWizard, cCleric, cDruid, cWitch, etc) and then either adding XP to the XP requirement or subtracting so much per level from the total.

Pathfinder is not as easy to modify as the other game systems that Hero Lab supports. For example, this would be especially easy to do in Savage Worlds since we can see the source code and values show up more visibly in the Developer windows. Most of the workings of Pathfinder are invisible to us. We cannot simply say cCleric.value. Or at least I do not think that we can.

So, since my proficiency is lacking in Pathfinder mods, and the videos only show that "basic" things, does anyone have any ideas? (Other than to just not bother. )

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote