Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bridger

Old November 9th, 2014, 09:15 AM
You can see it at the top of this image next to the name of the topic:
Bridger is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old November 10th, 2014, 08:44 AM
I use it for modules that have a map code for a room or a location. I've also used it for specific locations and in one case to separate the floor level. You can have the program sort by the Identifier instead of the label.
ruhar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DWeiers

Old November 10th, 2014, 09:58 AM
If u have several items with the same name (lets say two NPCs with the name "James Smith" then Young can use this identifier to distinguish them.
DWeiers is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 10th, 2014, 10:41 AM
You can use it to sort the topics in the list in the left panel of the RW window.
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old November 10th, 2014, 11:18 AM
If you have two or more Topics/Articles with the same name, having identifiers helps you tell them apart.

Last edited by Parody; November 10th, 2014 at 11:22 AM.
Parody is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old November 10th, 2014, 12:19 PM
In almost every case**, the identifier adds a prefix to your entry. So you could add "Docktown" to all of a city's NPCs and they'd show up as "(Docktown) Johann Adams".

This is one way to reuse names. You could easily create a Johann Adams in multiple towns and they'd be easy to differentiate this way.

Additionally, you can sort by identifier (left, top corner, I think the crossed tools icon) which would then sort all of the "Docktown" entries together.

** There are a very few instances where the identifier is added as a suffix. I think Rob said these were going to change either to all be prefixes or to make the identifier user configurable.
AEIOU is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old November 10th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Everywhere except for locations that I'm using Identifiers it's a Suffix. There's a setting for it in the Category definitions. Unfortunately, the Global Categories don't let you set it even if you've overridden Protection and they don't always agree with each other even within the same group of Categories.

You can toggle showing Identifiers as Prefixes in the Navigation Pane Options (F6) menu. Unchecking "Show Identifiers as Prefix When Available" means all Identifiers are shown as suffixes; checking it means Realm Works follows the settings in the Category definitions.

Last edited by Parody; November 10th, 2014 at 01:33 PM.
Parody is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old November 10th, 2014, 02:02 PM
@Parody: Thanks for clarifying/correcting. I've shifted from identifiers to tags for most things so my memory is fuzzy on the specifics.
AEIOU is offline   #8 Reply With Quote