Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DWeiers

Old November 9th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Maybe this was discussed before, but i spend the last few hours searching for this and didn't find anything, therefore i started this thread.

I'm encountering the following problem:

I have RW and HL installed.
In RW i added a HL-Portfolio for an NPC.

So far so good. I now can see the stat block in RW (which is pretty cool) by either clicking on the HL-Icon (the glass with the liquid in it) in the corresponding snippet or by clicking on the "play" button next to it.

When I'm in Edit-Mode i can click the "Edit data"-Button (the Puzzle-Piece-Icon with the Pencil on it) and the Portfolio opens up in HL correctly and ist fully editable and so on. Changes are taken over to RWs Statblock view and so on.

So up to this point everything works perfectly. Now to my actual Problem:

If I have a Portfolio open in HL (e.g. the Portfolio with my Players Characters) and then click on the "integrate into running Programm"-button next to the Portfolio Entry of the Encounter in RW then that should automatically open up HL and import the Encounter-Portfolio from RW into my allready opened Character-Portfolio in HL (for easy and convenient Encounter Management in HL). Did I get this right?

My Problem is, that it doesn't do this. When i click on "integrate into running Programm" HL opens as expected, but instead of importing I get an error messages, that a "specified file could not be found".

When I look up the directory the file should be in (according to the error-message) i actually find a HL-file (Extension ".por") that contains exactly the information as expected, but the filename is not the same as in the error message i get displayed within HL (the file in that directory is always some characters - mostly numbers - longer than the filename displayed in the error-message). Most of the time it looks like something like "500-4" or so is missing in the end of the filename.

For me this looks like RW is exporting the portfolio-file to that directory and then tells HL to import from that file, but fails at telling HL the correct filename. Leaving HL with a wrong filename to look after which then ends in the error described above.

Could this be an error? or am i doing something wrong? Could someone maybe try to reproduce that behaviour?

I'm running Windows XP Professional SP3 on a Parallels-Desktop virtual machine on a Mac running the latest OS-X Yosemite 10.10. If this helps.

Best regard and thank you in advance

Daniel
DWeiers is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 10th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Daniel, this looks like something that the developers need to take a look at. If you haven't already, please submit a bug report with all of this information. While our developers sometimes post on the forums here, the best place to report issues is through our support systems. Thanks in advance!
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DWeiers

Old November 12th, 2014, 07:44 AM
I submitted a bug-report, good to know there is an easy way to get in contact with the developers in case of need.

Thank you liz for your help.
DWeiers is offline   #3 Reply With Quote