Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lorosfyr

Old June 28th, 2013, 04:38 PM
I recently put together a Monk/Ninja NPC for a game that was coming up and selected Hamatulatsu as one of his feats in order to treat his unarmed strike as piercing and allow him to deal sneak attack damage.

However, I can't seem to find an option to treat his attack as anything other than bludgeoning under his weapons tab. Tried the In-Play tab and while it shows Dragon Style and other such abilities that would interact with his attacks I have yet to find anything to change his weapon type and/or critical threat range (amulet of mighty fists, keen).

Any suggestions or places to look?
Lorosfyr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 28th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorosfyr View Post
I recently put together a Monk/Ninja NPC for a game that was coming up and selected Hamatulatsu as one of his feats in order to treat his unarmed strike as piercing and allow him to deal sneak attack?
Where does it say to sneak attack you have to do piercing damage? Sorry just confused.

You can write a script to adjust a weapon type. I do have plans to add an adjustment for next release of my addon that will do that. But no current adjustment does it right now.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lorosfyr

Old June 28th, 2013, 07:27 PM
I...
I'm stunned.
I've been playing D&D since I was almost 10 years old and for some reason it was always in my head that it had to be a piercing weapon.

/mindblown
Lorosfyr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Zaknaefin

Old December 30th, 2017, 06:23 AM
Sorry for the thread necro, but is there any way to have a piercing/slashing weapon enchantment (such as Keen) added to an Amulet of Mighty Fists without it throwing an error?

In the case of Boar Style, the character would be able to do either piercing or slashing with their unarmed strike, which should get the benefit of the enchantment.

The tricky thing is that the AoMF is not technically a 'weapon'.

Currently playing: Starfinder Fallout, Star Wars Saga Edition, Savage Worlds Slipstream.
Zaknaefin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old December 30th, 2017, 09:37 AM
When I have a valid attack type (the piercing/slashing), I just ignore the red indicator of an error, but have to remember it's only an error for the bludgeoning attacks... the red is a good reminder of that.
Ualaa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote