Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warmachine & Hordes

Notices

hakoMike

Old June 7th, 2006, 08:57 AM
I'm new to army builder, and I can't quite figure out the Warmachine data files.

Version G allowed me to attach jacks, solos and units to warcasters. Anything newer (nq#3, 1.1 and 1.2) only allows me to attach warjacks to casters.

Am I missing something? I've tried erasing the warmachine sub directory and reinstalling it, but no luck. Help!
hakoMike is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
thebutcher
Volunteer Data File Author

Old June 8th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Yeah, I changed that around because of army composition rules. The "Battlegroup" is really the Caster and their Jacks...everything else is "support".
Originally, I had set it up to use Warcasters as a top level unit and add things to them. But, then I found out that in Army Builder reality it was much more logical to only attach a jack to the warcaster and units and solos as "units" on their own that could tnen attach additions to them.
It's a much cleaner tree for Army Builder to work with, and a more open foundation for me when Privateer Press makes new rules/units/compositions up.

Butcher

Warmachine/Hordes ('Retired' Confrontation and AT-43) Army Builder Author.
Magic the Gathering Card Vault Author.
thebutcher is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TuroshMak

Old August 27th, 2006, 04:48 AM
I just dont get this. I am not new to Army Builder nad have used it for Warhammer for years however when I import your data files i can only view warcasters and then add jacks to their battle groups.

I am unable to see units or solos through the filters, I cannot get them to appear in the lists at all...

So is there something I am doing wrong? I think that hakoMike had the same problem but you have not really explained how to fix it...

Can you please help?

Regards,
Andrew
TuroshMak is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
hakoMike

Old August 27th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Actually, his advice did solve my problem. Try this: set the scenario to "Rumble" or higher using the "change rules" button (a clipboard with a checkmark on it.) Then add all the filters available (solos, units, and casters_jacks) to favorites using the lightning bolt button on the top. Once you do that, clicking on the filter should show the solos and units. The exception to this is the Avatar of Menoth. As a warjack that counts as a caster, he shows up as "Independent" for which there is no filter. You have to clear all filters (circle X button) to see him.

Hope that helps.
hakoMike is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TuroshMak

Old August 27th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Thanks that was it! I had it set to duel.

Thanks again,

Andrew
TuroshMak is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
thebutcher
Volunteer Data File Author

Old August 28th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Yeah, it defaults to Duel. Confuses a lot of people.
I'll be adding in a FAQ "file" to the new release that explains this and other things.
I'm through the Cygnar and Protectorate stuff in Superiority and I've started work on Khador. So, not too long now...maybe this weekend ( Sept 2/3 ).

Cheers!
Butcher

Warmachine/Hordes ('Retired' Confrontation and AT-43) Army Builder Author.
Magic the Gathering Card Vault Author.
thebutcher is offline   #6 Reply With Quote