Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

shadestemple

Old September 5th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post

Not following this one as their is NO sliding scale for these feats in Pathfinder. They are either ON or OFF.
You do not have to take the full +\-.
shadestemple is offline   #21
Thazar

Old September 5th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Power attack in Pathfinder is fixed based upon your BAB and cannot be changed. The 3.5 version let you pick and choose.
Thazar is offline   #22
Tekkmage

Old September 5th, 2010, 07:02 PM
That is correct the penalty to attack and the bonus to damage is specific to BAB and STR mod.

Something I would like to see is range on Class Specials and Custom Abilities.
Tekkmage is offline   #23
Smegheadforhire

Old September 6th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenT1 View Post
I also would like to see soon.

1) An formatable character sheet. WITH the Concentration Check number on it.
As a new user to HeroLabs this is the most stand out feature that appears to be missing. The rest of the application looks great and easy to use so far but I find the current printed character sheet is not as user friendly.

Things I would like to see in a formatable character sheet.
1 - The ability to choose where text blocks go
2 - Choose Types of text blocks to be included
3 - Size of text blocks (some things dont need to be in huge text)
4 - Ability to select additional detail to Feats, Traits and Flaws
5 - Ability to seperate Feats, Traits and Flaws
6 - Adding Spells Per day as Trackable resources
7 - Adding consumable resources (Tanglefoot bags etc) to Trackable Resources
8 - Ability to change the appearance of text blocks ie marked rows and coloumns
9 - When using the Spells & Powers/Spells in Spellbook - being able to change the text size
10 - Ability to add Concentration Text Block for spell casters
11 - Ability to change how text appears ie What should be written in bold, what font to be used etc

I hope I have not come over completely negative as I honestly believe this program will assist in my future gaming, however this is where I see room for improvement and where it would definately become the tool I have been looking for as both a GM and player.
Smegheadforhire is offline   #24
Shayd3000

Old September 18th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I would like to add my voice to those asking for concentration to be added to the printed sheet. I think it would be just fine to add it where you show the Touch and Ranged Touch attack in the Spells and Powers section. It would also be nice to go ahead and add vs. SR too.

George

Member: Amorphous Blob Games
Shayd3000 is offline   #25
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 18th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayd3000 View Post
I would like to add my voice to those asking for concentration to be added to the printed sheet. I think it would be just fine to add it where you show the Touch and Ranged Touch attack in the Spells and Powers section. It would also be nice to go ahead and add vs. SR too.
Until this comes around I made a Concentration skill that auto-calcs the value. See THIS thread for download and THIS one for more information.

Personally my group likes to see it as a skill, but that is my group.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #26
Shayd3000

Old September 20th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Shadow - thanks. I did pick this up to solve my issue. My players really like it.

Shayd3000 is offline   #27
Tobes

Old September 20th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I'm a new convert to HeroLab and it's really impressed me so far. I'd like to lend my voice to those requesting a more customizable character sheet. Particularly:

1) Allowing the user to decide the order in which weapons are listed -- maybe a prioritization number? I'd rather see Masterwork Longbow (my most-used attack) listed before my two Daggers.
1b) It might be nice each weapon had a checkbox by it labeled "Display Attack" or something, so that I wouldn't see extra attack entries on the character sheet for my spare dagger(s) or maybe my unarmed strike if I wasn't interested in them being displayed.

2) Gear sorting! I see that each item already has a label (Adventuring Gear, Special Substances, etc.) -- maybe we could sort items by that label. Even better, we could sort them by container/location, so I'd see my backpack's entry followed by a list of everything it contains. That way, only the container would need a tag for the quantity and weight of its contents.

Thanks for all your good work, LWD. I'm excited to see what you come up with next.
Tobes is offline   #28
Precisi

Old September 20th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Quote:
2. Capability to organize equipment lists by different columns, not just aphetically – Also for PFS it would be useful to remove items from the list that I cannot buy because I do not have the prestige to afford it.
To be able to sort the Buy lists by price would be really helpful too. That would be my wish list feature.

That said, the existing search tool is really nice! Of course, it also comes with the consequence that I'm the one that has to look up all the loot now that I have my netbook at the gaming table. :P
Precisi is offline   #29
Shayd3000

Old September 21st, 2010, 04:01 AM
Heck, I'd like the gear list to sort alphabetically.

While we're asking for stuff I'd like to throw in (and maybe it's already been asked for):

I was playing with the Tactical Tool last night, checking out how it was handling initiative and stuff and started thinking to myself - wouldn't it be cool if this were tied into the payers sheets that were using it live? That is, currently, if my players are using their own copy of HL on their own laptop, my tactical display is only showing me a static copy of their character given to me prior to the game starting. If mine was linked in to theirs (via local network) then what I see would always be the most current version of their character with correct stats based on condition, encumberance, etc. I could also then set conditions on them myself, heal or take away hits, etc. A tall order, but cool to think about.

George

Shayd3000 is offline   #30
Closed Thread