Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

BCBlackshaw

Old December 24th, 2007, 07:55 AM
It seems that Mage would probably be the best to do first(I play mages quite alot), but I know other people enjoy creating Werewolves and other types. I think therefor that it would be best to get the other core rule books out first before adding to the basic set.
BCBlackshaw is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
nilliom

Old December 26th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I would like to see the core book available before new books. We can always add an item from the other books of VtR manually without to much trouble.
nilliom is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Leaps-from-Shadows

Old December 27th, 2007, 12:29 AM
When I heard that Hero Lab was going to support the WoD games, I expected the first dataset to include the core WoD (blue) book plus the core books for the Big Three supers (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage) including any errata. Only after that did I expect supplemental expansion.

My preference:

Release the remaining core books in the order they were released (first Werewolf then Mage, Promethean, and Changeling), then add some more supplements.

From shadows we come to bring order in chaos
To balance darkness and light into harmony
I am the Judge and the Jury; my pack are the Executioners
Leaps-from-Shadows is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
krathen

Old January 2nd, 2008, 11:13 PM
Changeling would probably sell the best after Vampire, just due to what I see people playing. Next would be Werewolf and then mage. (in Wod) Exalted would most likely sell the best overall after vampire.
as for finish vampire vs. release a new set? it's a coin toss
krathen is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
WarriorsTwilight
Volunteer Data File Author

Old January 14th, 2008, 08:45 PM
As an AB datafile maintainer (WH40k Eldar). I would like to see the editor and then core books. So if i wanted to, i could supplement the VtR files while waiting for the other core books. Also I would like to use my OOP stuff so would like to help work on making a fan file of OOP stuff.

Personally I'm more interested in Werewolf, then Vampire.
WarriorsTwilight is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
KjetilKverndokken

Old February 26th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I see it as only logical to prioritize the core book of each wod system. Extra material is the least important part when it comes to run a game.

As a longtime storyteller I find Herolab a great tool, and would like to see the other races as fast as possible released.

Supplements can wait, but not the core versions. before Hero Lab covers every core system wod has to offer, I see it as incomplete for the moment.
KjetilKverndokken is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
KjetilKverndokken

Old February 26th, 2008, 10:20 AM
<dobbel post>
KjetilKverndokken is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
burtosd

Old February 29th, 2008, 05:02 AM
I would like to see support for the main three systems before delving into the othe support material for VtR ...

My reasoning is simple - I would like to be able to use HeroLab for all of the characters and NPCs in my chronicle. I don't really use a lot of mechanics out of the supplemental books ... and neither do my players. I do however use Mage an awful lot, and my UK chronicle will be focussing on the Uratha and Changelings. I would get far more use out of data files for Mage and Werewolf than I would out of the VtR supplements.
burtosd is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
krathen

Old March 7th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Changeling is next isn't it? that was the announcement I thought. Which would be sweet.
krathen is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
dangregg

Old April 5th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Core versions Please!
dangregg is offline   #20 Reply With Quote