Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 19th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Will the dataset cover games besides Vampire? I'm getting back into playing with the Camarilla, and would like to keep my character records in Hero Lab if possible.
FifthWanderer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 22nd, 2007, 01:30 PM
At 08:02 AM 11/19/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Will the dataset cover games besides Vampire? I'm getting back into playing with the Camarilla, and would like to keep my character records in Hero Lab if possible.
Our license with White Wolf covers the entire WoD line, including VtR, MtA, WtF, CtL, PtC, etc. The initial set of data files will cover VtR. Additional data sets are slated for the future that will cover the other settings.

Also, one of the things on the todo list is integrated support for the Camarilla. There are a number of different rules for characters used by the Camarilla, and we want to make it possible to simply toggle a configuration setting of some sort to switch between the two. This is planned to be part of a free update down the line.

That being said, please play with the current WoD data files and let us know what you think needs to be added and/or changed to make HL optimally suited for Camarilla use. I'd love to hear everyone's suggestions.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
sppeterson

Old December 1st, 2007, 11:12 PM
Any estimate on when MtA might be available?
sppeterson is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 2nd, 2007, 03:44 AM
At 12:12 AM 12/2/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Any estimate on when MtA might be available?
We've already mapped out the development plan for those settings. However, it would be foolish to offer any estimates at this time - they would simply be wild guesses. The review process with White Wolf went FAR slower than we ever expected (many months instead of weeks). We've spoken with WW about it, and they agree that we need to revise the overall process. However, we have not nailed down what those changes will be yet.

We will hopefully be able to map out a more efficient review process with White Wolf over the next few weeks. We also have Campaign R&D to get completed over the next few weeks. Once we've got both of those things completed, we'll be in a much better position to offer reasonable estimates for MtA. Thanks for your patience on this...
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
krathen

Old December 6th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Intersting thought, I would very much like to have the other rule sets as I don't play vampire at all.
Second and intersting thing to note, I didn't know /anything/ about this at all until White-Wolf announced it on their page.
krathen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Leaps-from-Shadows

Old December 7th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Can you tell us which WoD dataset is coming up next? Are you going in the same order that the games were introduced, or are you going to expand the WoD/VtR/Armory dataset with more supplement info before getting into the other WoD games?

From shadows we come to bring order in chaos
To balance darkness and light into harmony
I am the Judge and the Jury; my pack are the Executioners
Leaps-from-Shadows is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
DannyBoy2k

Old December 7th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Not that it really matter to ME...but, what about the older games? VtM and so on? Have friends that play them, still.

-------------
By Lenin's Beard Gel!
DannyBoy2k is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 7th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I'm interested in doing Adventure/Aberrant/Trinity once we have real editing capabilities.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 19th, 2007, 05:25 PM
At 09:44 PM 12/6/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Second and intersting thing to note, I didn't know /anything/ about this at all until White-Wolf announced it on their page.
Other than the White Wolf website, where do you go for information about tools like this? Please provide us with suggestions so that we can do a better job of getting the word out about World of Darkness support for Hero Lab! :-)
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 19th, 2007, 05:29 PM
At 09:02 AM 12/7/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Can you tell us which WoD dataset is coming up next? Are you going in the same order that the games were introduced, or are you going to expand the WoD/VtR/Armory dataset with more supplement info before getting into the other WoD games?
We're in discussions about this with White Wolf at the present time. We're focused on the new Campaign R&D functionality at the moment (which will also work for WoD, by the way), so we aren't working on new WoD content until that gets finished next month. We should have the development sequence sorted out with White Wolf by that point in time.
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote