Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old September 2nd, 2021, 07:29 AM
0.5.2 fixes issues with Actor processing...

Ensure that ALL portfolios + statblocks in a topic are converted into Actors (instead of just the first one).

Prevent error when filename is missing for a portfolio or statblock.

Improve error logging to the console, particularly during actor creation.

Do NOT create actors in a topic when the actors are actually stored in a child topic (they are created for the child topic only).

The name of Actors created from Statblocks will now use the name from the snippet, and appended with the annotation if present (preceded by ":").

Fix an issue with processing a .por directly would fail if a character in the file had minions.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 3rd, 2021, 01:46 PM
0.5.5 fixes some issues...

Links to the parent topic, and links to child topics, will now only contain the public name of the topic and will NOT include all the aliases.

Folders will be created with sorting set to MANUAL rather than AUTOMATIC, so that items in the folder retain the same order as in RW.

Speed up creation of Scenes by creating all Notes in a single call to the server.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 4th, 2021, 01:40 AM
0.6.0 improves the decoding of PF1 actors from HL portfolios

Attempt to automatically populate the Combat tab of Actors from all the weapons in their inventory.
Detect "masterwork" and "+X" weapons and armour (doesn't work if the item name has other item properties in it).

Farling

Last edited by Farling; September 4th, 2021 at 01:42 AM.
Farling is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 4th, 2021, 03:10 PM
0.6.1 adds more to PF1 Actor decoding:
Non-weapon attacks now added to COMBAT tab in the "Natural Attacks" section.
Special Attacks (probably from classes & feats) are added to the MISC section of the COMBAT tab.

Farling

Farling is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 16th, 2021, 07:03 AM
0.7.0 adds support for decoding Call of Cthulhu portfolios into Actors.

It works much better if the Foundry compendium and/or Items Directory contain definitions for weapons, skills, books and spells.

Farling

Farling is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old September 25th, 2021, 12:01 AM
I noticed that the prefixes and suffixes for topics aren't showing up in links to the topic (though you can see them from the topic entry itself). Is there anyway to have them show up in the link itself? I have quite a lot of duplicated names. Some are structural like a layer or domain in an outer plane having the same name as the plane itself, while others are similarly named dungeon rooms in different dungeons. So it's quite confusing when I can't see the prefixes and suffixes right on the link for clarification.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old September 26th, 2021, 08:14 AM
Thanks to other paperwork pressures, I haven't been keeping up lately even though I still use RW for my D&D sessions. While I bought in to Foundry when they first asked for support after hearing about it, I had issues with installation on my main desktop and never really did anything with it. To be honest, the technobabble by all the smart people on the discord server scared me off. I'm fairly savvy but not to that degree. This might give me the incentive to start working on setting it up again when I get some time. Thanks for doing it.

It's hard to believe that it's been over 47 years that I've been playing and how far D&D has come since 74.
Gord is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old September 26th, 2021, 11:05 PM
Also, I noticed a couple other weird things.

-On some of my maps the pins are showing up just fine. On other maps they aren't. So my Waterdeep Dock Ward has no pins, but my South Ward has all its pins, and I can't see any reason why.
-Some topics also aren't listing their governing topic.
-Links back to my home/starting point page are broken

I have my governed content depth set to 1, if that makes a difference.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 27th, 2021, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit View Post
I noticed that the prefixes and suffixes for topics aren't showing up in links to the topic (though you can see them from the topic entry itself). Is there anyway to have them show up in the link itself? I have quite a lot of duplicated names. Some are structural like a layer or domain in an outer plane having the same name as the plane itself, while others are similarly named dungeon rooms in different dungeons. So it's quite confusing when I can't see the prefixes and suffixes right on the link for clarification.
The text on the link should match the text in the original article, so if the article containing the link didn't use the prefix or suffix then the imported FVTT journal entry won't have that extra text either.

I'm not sure about the FVTT capabilities for links as to whether they show a different icon depending on the thing connected to the link (e.g. journal entry or actor).

Farling

Farling is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 27th, 2021, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit View Post
Also, I noticed a couple other weird things.

-On some of my maps the pins are showing up just fine. On other maps they aren't. So my Waterdeep Dock Ward has no pins, but my South Ward has all its pins, and I can't see any reason why.
-Some topics also aren't listing their governing topic.
-Links back to my home/starting point page are broken

I have my governed content depth set to 1, if that makes a difference.
If something doesn't go as expected, it is worth checking the console of your browser (press F12 on windows/Linux to see it). There might be warnings or errors being reported there.

If nothing is obvious, would you mind PMing me a link to your RWoutput file so that I can run it myself and see where the issues might be? If so, could you give me the name of the journal entries that are lacking links to governing topic too please.

Farling

Farling is offline   #90 Reply With Quote