Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Grey Mage

Old July 29th, 2017, 07:30 AM
It didn't... sections of it... but not a PDF of the actual book as published.
Grey Mage is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old July 29th, 2017, 07:53 AM
Finally found it. No, the CD does not have a PDF of the book. Probably why I didn't bother keeping it where I could find it.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old July 29th, 2017, 08:27 AM
I picked up the Ptolus PDFs from DriveThru at some point. (I think when they were on sale for $20 a few years ago.)

Still haven't read through the whole thing from either copy. :(

Parody is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old August 4th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Started looking at this again. The PDF has a fairly substantial index. It lists all the locations within each district, all the NPC's and historical figures you would find reference to in any of the material, so there are "easy" ways to build some of the base content for it.

Additionally, when you look at all the related content for Ptolus, you have The Banewarrens, Dark Tidings, The Night of Dissolution, Secrets of the Delvers Guild, Chaositech, and then if you go out to some of the related references that it suggests, you get links into the Books of Eldritch Might and a couple of other Malhavoc Press titles. It's a pretty massive undertaking.

As daplunk suggested, splitting it up, among interested parties would be the way to go with this. And then at the earliest point you get into which Game System to build it in. Granted a lot of the material is system agnostic.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old August 5th, 2017, 04:58 AM
Ptolus was meant for the old 3e d20 rules. Adapting it to Pathfinder wouldn't be difficult but wouldn't be trivial. Any other conversion, considering the amount of material would be a massive undertaking.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old August 5th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Ptolus was meant for the old 3e d20 rules. Adapting it to Pathfinder wouldn't be difficult but wouldn't be trivial. Any other conversion, considering the amount of material would be a massive undertaking.
Point being that you have some predefined structures in Realm Works including 5th ed, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, Other and System Neutral. Was just thinking from a pure predefined structure, since Pathfinder is an outgrowth of 3.0/3.5 it might fit more readily into that better than any of the others. If you build the HL NPC's then use the d20 setup and build the portfolios there and note that while it's in a Pathfinder defined, it is geared around 3.5. Clearly 5th and Savage Worlds isn't the right place, which leaves Pathfinder, Other and System Neutral. It's not really system neutral, which then leaves Other and Pathfinder. All academic at this point, until someone(s) wants to seriously move forward with the creation of the content in RW. Again, just my two cents at this point.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Last edited by Asandir; August 5th, 2017 at 08:50 AM. Reason: More editing.
Asandir is offline   #16 Reply With Quote