Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old July 9th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray57913 View Post
Oh I'm not thinking a csv for all field for all items. I'm thinking a blank csv for a category. For example I want to enter gods into me and I have not created anything for it. I load my structure select the category for gods hit a button and it creates a csv file that has all the headers that would be used for gods. then i can fill that out and load it in and then just match the names and import.
If it is only to get the column titles, this could easily be done by having realmworks open in one window showing a blank version of the appropriate topic/article type and then just typing in appropriate column headers into Excel (or other CSV generating program).
Farling is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 9th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
@ray57913: That would be really useful. If had a blank format for creating the CSV files, it would be so much easier. Several categories are rigidly structured so this could work.

I've been working on importing 300+ gods into HeroLab. I identified the format and have created an Excel sheet that I enter the names, domains, descriptions, etc and then a second sheet that merges all of those fields with the necessary field information.

I haven't carved out the time to do this for RealmWorks but it would be very cool if something like this was available for standardized categories like deities, NPCs, creatures, spells and feats. Copy/paste the info and let your favorite spreadsheet format it using concatenation.
This sounds like a simple import of separate CSV files using csv2rw.

One CSV file for each domain or other mechanic articles, and one CSV for the deities.

You can freely map the named columns from your CSV file(s) into the corresponding fields in the actual topic/article format(s). There's no need to get a CSV list of column titles out of the tool first.
Farling is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old August 4th, 2017, 10:22 AM
This tools is amazing! It is a must-have when you prepare a big mechanics sections or story that can be put in CSV format I uploaded Dark Heresy 2nd in Realm Works and this tool saved me so much copy-pasting the equipment and other system-data!

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...790#post253790

Question: Is there a way during the import to have the topics nested into specific article hierarchy?
Valyar is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 4th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
Question: Is there a way during the import to have the topics nested into specific article hierarchy?
Tick the "Use Parent Topic" button that is underneath the structure panel. This option creates a very basic parent topic for all the other topics being created.

If you want more information in the parent topic, then you can populate the newly created parent topic after import.
Farling is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old August 5th, 2017, 04:08 AM
Worked like charm.
Valyar is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old August 5th, 2017, 05:26 PM
Just started to use the too. First impression is great. I have yet to import something.

However I noticed that inactive Categories are showing up in the list. Maybe they should be hidden or flagged? I suppose you should not be able to import to inactive categories?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 11th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Just started to use the too. First impression is great. I have yet to import something.

However I noticed that inactive Categories are showing up in the list. Maybe they should be hidden or flagged? I suppose you should not be able to import to inactive categories?
Ah, I hadn't come across those before. I guess they are part of the exported structure definition and marked as inactive. I will sort that out soon.
Farling is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 16th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Hi Acenoid,

Unfortunately, the structure export file doesn't include any flags to indicate which categories are "Inactive" or have the "Shown" flag not ticked.

It will require a change by LWD to the export structure (adding an attribute to the category_global) before I know which categories are to be hidden.
Farling is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old August 20th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Oh okay Thanks for looking.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old August 29th, 2017, 09:08 AM
I'm trying to create clickable loot tables using links withing RW. I actually already made some manually, but it's SUPER tedious and time-consuming. I've included a screenshot of what I'd like the import to look like when done. I can't figure out how to do so. I've gotten as far as creating the labeled snippets, but can't seem to get them to be customizable for the import. Am I doing this wrong, or is this not possible?

I could edit the labels manually after the rest of the import, but that's not even possible from what I can tell.

Any help would be appreciated!

nightpanda2810 is offline   #90 Reply With Quote