Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farling

Old August 2nd, 2017, 12:01 AM
If you create a Mechanics Source article as the top-level container for the book that you're importing, why isn't this sufficient for your needs?
Farling is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old August 2nd, 2017, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
If you create a Mechanics Source article as the top-level container for the book that you're importing, why isn't this sufficient for your needs?
According to the Realm Works® Content Sharing Guidelines the Mechanics Source needs everything that the story side has if there is no story side. This includes all the filler art work. The book I'm working on has a Foreword, lots of filler art work and a history. That should all be at the top as part of the sources and not in one article. That's why the Mechanics Source needs to have similar categories as the story side.
ruhar is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 2nd, 2017, 12:52 AM
Ahh, I see; you just want Global Categories on the Mechanics side that match the Story side. (Obviously for now you can just make them yourself.)

I'm glad I don't have to deal with those Guidelines. :)

Parody is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old August 2nd, 2017, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Ahh, I see; you just want Global Categories on the Mechanics side that match the Story side. (Obviously for now you can just make them yourself.)
That is what I ended up doing.

Quote:
I'm glad I don't have to deal with those Guidelines.
You are lucky. It's close to reading a legal document that makes your eyes cross. lol
ruhar is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old August 7th, 2017, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Aside: "Various Images", as used in the sample content from LWD's website, is horrible organization in my opinion. Covers and other identifying marks should be in a Topic/Article with the other product information (likely the Story/Mechanics Source), handouts should be in a specific "(Product Name) Handouts" Topic/Article and (case depending) placed closer to where you're going to want to show them/hand them out than the information for the entire product, incidental images would hopefully have a home closer to the content they're supposed to be depicting, and advertisements for other products should be deleted. :P

You may be stuck using it for whatever products you're recreating in RW, but if you have the choice you may find better homes for your products' images.
I'm guessing you missed the part where "Various Images" is for Images that you can't easily associate with any other content. It's like having a Miscellaneous topic. Sure, you might need to put stuff there, but it should be the exception rather than the rule.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 7th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
I'm guessing you missed the part where "Various Images" is for Images that you can't easily associate with any other content. It's like having a Miscellaneous topic. Sure, you might need to put stuff there, but it should be the exception rather than the rule.
My opinion comes from how it has been used in the free content available from LWD's website. The types of images I listed all appear in the "Various Images" Topic for those imports; I feel they could have been placed elsewhere (or been dropped, case depending).

Last edited by Parody; August 7th, 2017 at 06:29 PM.
Parody is offline   #16 Reply With Quote