Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

CapeCodRPGER

Old September 23rd, 2011, 02:36 PM
This is like the second time in a row where I updated HL and after the update it said my licsense expired and I had to apply for reassignment.

This is like the second time in a row this has happened. I have it on 2 computers, I did not uninstall and reinstall.

Its friday night. I most likely won't be able to get my license reactivated until monday at the earilest. I wanted to use the FULL product that I LEGALLY PAID FOR this weekend. Now I can't.

Please fix this bug so more customers won't get upset.

Last edited by CapeCodRPGER; September 23rd, 2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Spelling.
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 23rd, 2011, 02:51 PM
I assume that you are trying to use the same license on two computers. So far this is the issue *everyone* that posted has had. Each computer must have its own unique license to work correctly.

So you activated it once on your main. Then use it again on your 2nd computer. Now more than likely you did the update first on your main computer and the license is trying to reassign to your main again.

As 99% the above is exactly what happen I would advise going to the License menu and choose Obtain Secondary License. You will then be sent your 2nd license which you can use to activate ONE of your computers right now. That way you can use it this weekend and then have your *other* license fixed and you can use it to activate your other computer.

See License Problems thread for lots of good info from the dev as some else had the same exact issue recently.

Hope that helps some.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CapeCodRPGER

Old September 23rd, 2011, 02:57 PM
I have 2 licenses. I just did the auto send license thing and it sent me 2. So How do I find out what one was used for this computer?
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 23rd, 2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
You can *always* find out what license number is on a particular computer. Just go to the License menu and select View License Information or go to the Help menu and select About. If the copy is in demo mode but you've previously licensed it, the license number is remembered and can be found by going to the License menu and selecting Reactivate License. It will be shown within the wizard.
Taken from a post from Rob so you should be able to do the above to see which license you used on each computer.

Assuming that the license is the same on both computers you can simply then use the license number you just got in email that is NOT in use. That way you will at least have one of your computers up and running.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapeCodRPGER

Old September 23rd, 2011, 03:29 PM
Well when I go to view license info it now says no licenses are assigned to this computer. This is after I updated. I don't have the other computer with me to see that license number.

Why does this have to be so fucking hard? I had a long week at work and all I was looking forward to was playing around with Hero Lab. No I can do that because the folks at Lone Wolf have made a buggy, incomplete product.

It does not even have the right info for my Bladebound Magus Pathfinder character because Lone Wolf has not put in Black Blades yet. But they have info from Ultimate Combat, a product that came out MONTHS after Ultimate Magic. I have bought both those data sets, but they are incomplete. Lone Wolf charges for incomplete products.

I work full time, have no programing experence. I should'nt have to make data sets for something I am paying money for. I don't have time. If I had time, i'd make a program myself. All I want from Hero Lab is a bug free, complete product. When I buy a data set I expect the full data set. I should not have to wait months for the full set of data because Lone Wolf is too lazy to do all the work in time.

Lone Wolf is a professional company, not a one man show, act like it.

EDIT: Sorry for the rant just really stressed about other stuff and this is very frustrating.

Last edited by CapeCodRPGER; September 23rd, 2011 at 04:12 PM.
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 28th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodRPGER View Post
Well when I go to view license info it now says no licenses are assigned to this computer. This is after I updated. I don't have the other computer with me to see that license number.
I assume you've gotten this issue resolved by now via support, but the answer to this can be readily found in the thread to which ShadowChemosh linked above. Check out post #11 in the thread. The specific text is:

You can *always* find out what license number is on a particular computer. Just go to the License menu and select View License Information or go to the Help menu and select About. If the copy is in demo mode but you've previously licensed it, the license number is remembered and can be found by going to the License menu and selecting Reactivate License. It will be shown within the wizard.

Hope this helps someone else who stumbles across this thread or gets pointed to it....
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote